Iraqi Civilian Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
I just heard the news report tonight of the four soldiers being investigated for the rape of an Iraqi women and the subsequent murder of her and her family. A lot of horrible things have taken place during this war but for some reason this crime has really really upset me and I find myself unable to sleep right now. The thought that an entire innocent family, (including a 5 year old girl) were brutalized in such a way, is beyond my realm of comprehension.

The primal side of me hopes that the skinny, rat-faced puke being held in NC will either be given the needle or be sent to a Federal prison to learn the true meaning of rape. Where do people like this come from? How can you go into someone's home, kill a mother, father and child, then rape the other child? What type of people copulated and raised the monster's guilty of this crime?

When the two other members of the criminal's unit were kidnapped, tortured and murdered by insurgents last month I always felt that something was off. No unique demands were made in exchange for their release and the fact that they were murdered in such a brutal manner denoted an intent to inflict as much pain as possible on the captives and the rest of the unit. From what I've seen if an insurgent simply wishes to kill a soldier they will do so directly, as opposed to kidnapping and murdering later on. After hearing about the rape case, its becoming fairly reasonable for me to assume that the murder of the two soldiers may have been revenge for this heinous crime. Unfortunatley it would appear as though the revenge was brought agains the wrong men.

The worst part is that Greene, (rat faced puke) was arrested back in the states meaning such a creature may have very well mingled amongst some of you. How chilling is that to realize that a person who is capable of wiping out an unnarmed civilian family, lives amongst you?

Just when I think I've seen the base of humanity, someone always comes along to take the bar down just a little more :mad: .

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
War indeed is tragic for all involved - no justification for many things that happen. It's a VERY SERIOUS SUBJECT!

While we respect everyone's right to their own opinions, we all know that we will not allow this thread to become a trainwreck of arguments, rock throwing, disrespect of others opinions, etc.

All too often threads of political nature are closed as a result of folks flying off the handle and forgetting that everyone has a right to their opinion. There are indeed Forums on the WWW that invite discussion on things of this nature (CPF Underground included).

The subject of this thread is indeed under investigation and will be handled accordingly. It's very sad and I wouldn't even attempt to speculate what happened of go into the minds of those who are accused, the victim's, friends, or families.

I'm a Vietnam era vet (joined at the tailend and then continued to complete 21 years of service). We have other vets, active duty, reserve, & guard here in the CPF family as well.

This whole subject (not just the crime - the ENTIRE situation) is already bringing up some memories that I don't wish to visit & will not even go into here with anyone! With all due respect to everyone's right to an opinion...

Need I say more? It wouldn't take much to close this down (I will not do it at this time - though I WANT TO.). Please read between the lines and tread lightly...

Last edited:

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
You thought, "something was off" when two soldiers were tortured and beheaded before news of the alleged rape and murder. Did you also think, "something was off" when several civilians were kidnapped, tortured and beheaded prior to these two. When Americans allegedly commit a heinous crime you state it's, "beyond my realm of comprehension." and partially justify the first heinous crime with statements like, "reasonable for me to assume that the murder of the two soldiers may have been revenge for this heinous crime." When Nick Berg and the others were kidnapped, tortured and beheaded was that also revenge for something? Have you followed Saddam's trial at all? Were the crimes (Murder, torture, rape, genocide) he ordered revenge for something? When the insurgents set up roadside bombs that kill woman and children or they blow up a church filled with woman and children is that revenge for something we did? Why aren't you, me and everyone else losing sleep over that? Perhaps to your surprise I'm not in disagreement with most of your post even though it sounds like I am.

I too think any American involved should get the needle if proven they actually did what they are accused of. I feel that way for the same reason so many feel that way even if they don't realize it, at least I hope. We (Americans) are held to a higher standard than most people around the world. I believe we should be held to a higher standard. We have become the self-appointed 911 force to the world (oh, by the way we are foolish to take on that role). If we are going to be the world's cop we need to be better than those we are going after. It bothers me there is so little outrage at the actions of the insurgents and terrorist but that's how it goes sometimes. I have an opinion as to the reason that is but that would definitely cause this thread to be closed.

Like Sigman said, this thread is not a good one for CPF and really belongs in the underground. I may close it soon or someone else may do the same.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread need to go down just like the black hawk :thumbsdow:
War is just disgusting and nothing to be made proud off

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't bother me to see this thread closed. :sigh: This belongs below, and there are plenty of Forums out there to debate this kind of "event."

Status
Not open for further replies.