Whoops I screwed up!

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
I lent my XO with maxpedition sheath to my friend at work becuase she was on shift at night. Turn out she thinks that I gave it to her.:ohgeez: Well now what??!?!? I need a similar light and that particular model is apparently discontinued. Should I buy an Inova T2? Is it better than the XO? Any suggestions as to what I should do and what light I should replace it with in a comparable category?

-pf.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask for it back? Unless you really did give it to her. My vote goes to the Inova XO or the rechargeable T4.

Jeff

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, show her this site, she may end up being one of us. :)

About the light, well if you really liked the XO you may search BST for another one. :)

carrot

Flashaholic
The Inova XO with TIROS is now called the XO2, and the Inova T2 is essentially the same as the TIROS XO -- just with a checkered grip and tactical clickie.

She might give it back when she finds it uses 123 batteries... you know...

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
The Inova XO with TIROS is now called the XO2, and the Inova T2 is essentially the same as the TIROS XO -- just with a checkered grip and tactical clickie.

She might give it back when she finds it uses 123 batteries... you know...

hahha she might indeed. you my friend are awesome.

I had heard that the t2 was esentially the same. If it is, the checkered grip and clickie will serve me well. I think I will use this as an opportunity to buy a t2 and cut my losses. HAH!:rock:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the big picture may not be in focus. A couple of questions...

When you two grab some coffee do you ever pay for both cups?

Have you ever paid for her lunch?

Have you ever bought her a meal, even a burger or a sub or a street hotdog or some pizza after 6:00 pm?

Would you reload her XO from your stash of batteries?

Did you answer yes to any three of the four the above questions?

If so, you have a new girlfriend.

That's great. She's a medtech, she's into flashlights and she thinks you are the bomb.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
pfmedic said:
I lent my XO with maxpedition sheath to my friend at work becuase she was on shift at night. Turn out she thinks that I gave it to her.:ohgeez: Well now what??!?!? I need a similar light and that particular model is apparently discontinued. Should I buy an Inova T2? Is it better than the XO? Any suggestions as to what I should do and what light I should replace it with in a comparable category?

-pf.
Take a little gratuitous extracuricular activity in trade and chalk it up.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Either way let her have it... :candle:

If she's hot gotta replace batteries as needed. (Always keep supply of spare batteries...) :grin2:

We gots to know!!! :huh:

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is she more than a co-worker? If you really don't want to 'hurt her' by asking for the flashlight back, either you get yourself a new one (as you've seemingly decided) or get her a new one and exchange it for the one you lent her. Maybe you can use the excuse of the light using 123 cells and get her something using AA or C cells.

Make sure next time to say "I'm LENDING you this light " or "BORROW this light FOR THE NIGHT" whenever you temporarily LEND someone a light.

All the best. :)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get the old X0 on Ebay in a number of sites and Brightguy has them also. Grab a couple, I have ;), I am sure the new X02 with the 2 Watt LED they advertise will not get as good runtimes as the old X0. Not saying I wont get the X02 also, eventually I do like th slim design lol.

It sounds as if your biggest mistake is allowing her to think that you gave it to her. Misunderstandings happen and letting it continue might just screw you later on when you "lend" her something else... I would rectify it now, before it gets too far along.

SCblur

Enlightened
:crackup::twothumbs

Icebreak said:
I think the big picture may not be in focus. A couple of questions...

When you two grab some coffee do you ever pay for both cups?

Have you ever paid for her lunch?

Have you ever bought her a meal, even a burger or a sub or a street hotdog or some pizza after 6:00 pm?

Would you reload her XO from your stash of batteries?

Did you answer yes to any three of the four the above questions?

That's great. She's a medtech, she's into flashlights and she thinks you are the bomb.

Congratulations!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
SCblur said:
:crackup::twothumbs
Maybe a year or so from now in a "How did you meet your spouse?" thread, pfmedic says:

"Wool um, this really pretty co-worker took my high tech flashlight. So I thought about what to do about it and then I asked my CPF buddies about it then concluded...I had no choice other than to marry her.

I'm so happy I could just pee photons".

:grin2:

Illum

Flashaholic
pfmedic said:

-pf.

Which XO? old or new?

FYI, neither one have been discontinued

Check with emissive energy

greenLED

Flashaholic
Icebreak said:

Congratulations!
:lolsign: I thought exactly the same when I read the OP.

Your light is gone, time to get a new one. Once you marry her, you'll eventually get to use your XO again, so no harm is done. :grin2:

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Let me shed some light on the subject (bad joke)

Well shes married Icebreak and other brothers of the light. sorry.

LIPS he is hot indeed so she will be getting free 123's. By the by, I looked at your profile picture and I may be sending you free batteries as well.

I bought a t2 and a new 5" maxpedition sheath to boot.

She deserves the light. She is a better emt than I. She made the front page of the newspaper and i taped it to my mirror to remind me that I am number two. Yes, in hindsight, she deserves and can have the light and free 123's

greenLED

Flashaholic
pfmedic said:
Well shes married Icebreak and other brothers of the light. sorry
She deserves the light. She is a better emt than I. She made the front page of the newspaper and i taped it to my mirror to remind me that I am number two. Yes, in hindsight, she deserves and can have the light and free 123's
In that case, hands off, my friend.

Congratulations on being such a great EMT partner. :twothumbs