• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3D M@g Head: TXOK LuxIII Carclo 2 deg - SOLD!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant to sell this a year ago when I was selling the other Carclo /M@g kits, but it has been sitting in the back of the cabinet because I didn't have time to write it up properly. (Now I'm offering it for sale because I need the cash to help finance my IR Illuminator experiments.)

Unlike my other 'KITS using the Carclo 2 Degree 50 MM Mirrored optic from the same period, this one is extra special. It has a very massive heatsink about three times the mass (sort of like an O-Sink combined with the flat ones of my other kits) of the other ones I have done , Arctic Silvered into a D cell M@g Light Head..... I've got several hours in just the machining of the heatsink, and probably my best quality job on this sort of stuff.

Designed to run on a 3D M@gLight body, It has a Direct Drive TXOK Luxeon III LED. (Excellent color IMHO... About as 'pure white' as you can get).

On 3 fresh D Cell Alkalines (Rayovac Maximum Plus) it pulls 1.08 Amps @ 4.89V(No load) and puts out 11,600 LUX (@1M). Due to the massive heatsinking IT WILL NOT OVERHEAT. You can run it steadily for hours.

On 3X NiMH (Powerizer 10,000mah) Rechargable D cell batteries it runs at the spec. .750mah and puts out 10,640 LUX (@1M)... Personally I prefer to overdrive this on Alkalines, but it is still has great throw on 3 rechargables.

Probably the third (maybe second?) highest LUX output of all my LUXIII/Carclo 2 degree optic Mods.

Close up, the beam has an obvious square pattern, but it tends to 'round out' at distance. This is a true 100 + yard (meter) LED 'thrower'.

The following image shows the a comparative beamshot composite with some 'known' lights for comparison:
comp.jpg

The first frame is ambient light,
the second frame is the item offered running off 3 fresh Alkalines,
the third frame is a 12 V (4X123) Superfire xenon light (from Dae),
the fourth frame is a new 2D M@gLED light on fresh batteries at the tightest focus,
the fifth frame is a Surefire e2e (2X123).
Both 123 lights are running on rechargable 3V rechargable LiION 123s fresh off the charger.

The side of the house in the photos is 120 feet from the camera/flashlights, and shot at the same camera settings. ... Depending on the adjustment of your monitor, what you see should be pretty close to reality (my monitor is calibrated every 100 hours or less).

Standard Black D Maglight head: Just screw it on to your 3D Maglight battery tube and run it on the batteries of your choice.
BottomMhead.jpg
openMhead.jpg
topMhead.jpg

Anyway, I'll sell the complete LED/Heatsink/optic/Head unit for $58.00 (including Priority Mail Confirmed Shipping inside USA). If you need/want a 3D battery tube too for a 'turnkey' light, make it $70.00 (The optic alone wholesales for over $27.00 in quantity)

The only 'caveat' I can think of is to make sure that the bulb post on your M@g battery tube is free to move up and down easily.... The heatsink is threaded for the battery post, and if it doesn't move freely enough to 'synch' with the threads on the head/battery tube, it might 'jam up' or crossthread..... (I haven't ever had the problem, but it is something of which to be be aware.)

PayPal addresses in my profile.
First "I'll take it" or :paypal: posted here gets it. I think I pretty much gave all the important info above, but if you have any questions, PM me.

If you order it and don't like it.... (barring abuse, or trying it on 4 cells, etc.) Send it back in 60 days for full refund.

Last edited:

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Re: 3D M@g Head: TXOK LuxIII Carclo 2 deg - Real 'THROWER'

I'll take the head only. PP and PM on the way. Thanks......Wallace