What fits on an M1 body?

davidra

Enlightened
I don't have a lot of SF spare parts, but I do have an M1 Illuminator. Will a KL-1 head fit on it? Will a KL-3 work with only one cell? Realize this is pretty basic, but the only SF's I have are incans.....

Last edited:

roguesw

Enlightened
the KL-1 head is for the E series bodies, e.g E1L, E2L, E1E, E2E, L4
the KL-3 head is for the standard C, P, bodies, so your 6P, 9P varients
i am not sure what threads you have on the M1, dont hear much about
people modding the M1
however, you said you have surefire incans, which ones? maybe you could get the KL-3 head or the KL-5 head for the C and P series body or
if you have an M-6 or M-3, u could try the KL-6 head
hope you work out something
btw, the M1 is an infrared illuminator right?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't want to use the M1 as an IR illuminator, you might be better off selling it or trading it out for lights or parts that best suit your purpose. I think it would be worth more to someone who really wanted an IR illuminator than trying to mod it. That's just me though, I haven't had any experience with the M1.

sween1911 said:
If you don't want to use the M1 as an IR illuminator, you might be better off selling it or trading it out for lights or parts that best suit your purpose. I think it would be worth more to someone who really wanted an IR illuminator than trying to mod it. That's just me though, I haven't had any experience with the M1.

Yes, absolutely. That's the right call. The M1, to my knowledge, has not been successfully modded. I doubt it would be compatible with the E Series, and it's all locktited together. It's a great-looking light but happens to be an expensive host for modding.

davidra

Enlightened
OK, thanks. It is a neat body with the four O-rings and the lanyard. Guess it'll likely be making an appearance on BST.....