Malkoff        

Thread: What fits on an M1 body?

Default What fits on an M1 body?

I don't have a lot of SF spare parts, but I do have an M1 Illuminator. Will a KL-1 head fit on it? Will a KL-3 work with only one cell? Realize this is pretty basic, but the only SF's I have are incans.....
    Last edited by davidra; 07-11-2006 at 05:15 AM.
    A2BL-blue (?), A2 white, A2 Y/G, G2/P61, QIII, XM-3, 2C 3X123 mods, X5 red, Nuwai ALX-352L, CC Ultra Infinity, Arc AAA, TriStar Phazer, LOD Q4, USA 6P, 9P, Fenix T-1...and a pair of Mag85s.

Default Re: What fits on an M1 body?

the KL-1 head is for the E series bodies, e.g E1L, E2L, E1E, E2E, L4
    the KL-3 head is for the standard C, P, bodies, so your 6P, 9P varients
    i am not sure what threads you have on the M1, dont hear much about
    people modding the M1
    however, you said you have surefire incans, which ones? maybe you could get the KL-3 head or the KL-5 head for the C and P series body or
    if you have an M-6 or M-3, u could try the KL-6 head
    hope you work out something
    btw, the M1 is an infrared illuminator right?
    KL-4+Vital Gear FB02
    Pr-t (TWOK) + DB700 + E2E
    Pr (WXOT) + BB700 + E20
    M3T + rcr 123's
    Will build for free!!

If you don't want to use the M1 as an IR illuminator, you might be better off selling it or trading it out for lights or parts that best suit your purpose. I think it would be worth more to someone who really wanted an IR illuminator than trying to mod it. That's just me though, I haven't had any experience with the M1.
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by sween1911
    If you don't want to use the M1 as an IR illuminator, you might be better off selling it or trading it out for lights or parts that best suit your purpose. I think it would be worth more to someone who really wanted an IR illuminator than trying to mod it. That's just me though, I haven't had any experience with the M1.
    Yes, absolutely. That's the right call. The M1, to my knowledge, has not been successfully modded. I doubt it would be compatible with the E Series, and it's all locktited together. It's a great-looking light but happens to be an expensive host for modding.

The M1 does not have a removeable bezel.

However, it features a standard TailCap so the XMxx and Z48 etc can be used.

Al

OK, thanks. It is a neat body with the four O-rings and the lanyard. Guess it'll likely be making an appearance on BST.....
    A2BL-blue (?), A2 white, A2 Y/G, G2/P61, QIII, XM-3, 2C 3X123 mods, X5 red, Nuwai ALX-352L, CC Ultra Infinity, Arc AAA, TriStar Phazer, LOD Q4, USA 6P, 9P, Fenix T-1...and a pair of Mag85s.