My first Orb Raw

gunner49

Newly Enlightened
Just received today my first Orb Raw 3W torch. I ordered it last Thursday and considering I live in Malta, thats a great and fast service.
Many thanks Rob
goodjob.gif
This light is fantastic!!!

Below are a couple of photos which I took with the Raw and my other torch, the original Fliklite which I considered to be one of the brightest before I came across this site!

Fliklite vs Raw (Low)
flikvsrawl3xv.jpg

Fliklite vs Raw (High)
flikvsrawh8qi.jpg

Beams (Raw on right)
flikvsrawhbeams7yi.jpg

Just one question, is it normal that the Raw heats up when used on High?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gunner49,

Yep, my orb also heats up quite quickly on high. I gather it is for short bursts only. But What a bright burst!!!
Never had any probs with mine heating up on low.

Nice to see someone else with a classic Fliklite. Though yours looks in better nick (condition) than mine on which only three of the leds work!! Did you ever try the Fliklite 3W marine? Very bright and way cool. It always reminds me of The Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator from Doctor Who (OK A: Now I sound really sad, and B: you've probably never heard of Doctor Who in Malta?)

Be lucky...

gunner49

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for replies lads....

No Nyctophiliac, never tried the 3W version flik and yeah I know Dr Who!!!
Pity your flik got 1 led off - heard somewhere that its almost impossible to change those. But you should be consoled enough with the raw right? Never seen such power myself from such a small light.

Latest posts