The Water Tight Key Pocket Light.

Wylie

Enlightened
Well it seems to me you folks like little bright lights so I set something up for you.
grin.gif
It is a what I call my WTKP the water tight key pocket light.
cool.gif
It is tiny at 1-3/4 inches in length and the brass tubing is 11/32 inches in diameter. I have also adapted a water tight plastic led protector lens as well. Its not as bright as a l/s but 6000 mcd in a little light like this is not bad for a newbee I figure. The switch to the rear of the light is a spring loaded momentary I roughed together from some scrap stuff I had hanging around. Here is a link to a picture of my new little toy. The Water Tight Key Pocket Light.
icon14.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Well come on folks
confused.gif
, too bright, not bright enough, too small, not small enough, too crude, too neat. Come on I can take it.
yellowsleep.gif
bluedead.gif

winkie.GIF

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, looks nice. that is pretty impressive for such a small light.

you should try it with a nichia NSPW500BS. that is what arc uses in their aaa. they are rated at 8,000mcd at 3.6vdc and 30mA, and 9,500mcd when driven ad 4vdc

Wylie

Enlightened
Rothrandir
I guess I could try the other leds I just had some of these on hand that I bought from ledtronics. I still have about 12 of them left so I figure I am going to refine what I have and then look into the other leds later. I am going for a combination momentary/on off switch and I think I can loose 1/4 inch at the same time. I think if a person were to look at it as a volume issue I have the mirolights beat as is. Although competition was not in mind when I built this little light, I am sure there have been a lot smaller built.

Wylie

Wylie

Enlightened
Mrd 74
I have not had a chance to test this one yet. I have to buy into some more batteries and then I will have built some more so I might just do that. Do you work for a company that deals with flashlights and the like? I hooked up another lamp to three AAA batteries and that little dude runs for 60 to 70 hours at about 6000 mcd then it goes dim for about a week after that and I got tired of waiting for the batteries to die so I just took them out. Too bad batteries are sold in the wrong quantities for a lot of applications.

Wylie

Wylie

Enlightened
Hey Darell,
That was one of those resize deals with the computer making a composite picture. That is not quite my forte but you should see what I can do with laser lens, I make those elliptical real good. The batteries may just be a little sideways in the picture too I just got tired of messing with it.

Wylie

Wylie

Enlightened
Thanks you guys for the compliments and stuff I was thinking I was barred for a while. Just joking I was kind of prode of my new little toy and wanted to show it off.

Wylie

Enlightened
Okay, the testing is looking good and the modifications are going to take place.
grin.gif
Turns out the switch I rigged works fine as a combination momentary and constant on.
winkie.GIF
Loosing a 1/4 inch could be tough but I think it is possible. I am moving up to a white 5mm L.E.D. rated at 10,000 mcd.
tongue.gif
These little things should dot some I's!
shocked.gif
I hope the cheap little Chinese batteries I have coming in the mail are not a bad thing! Everich 392's?
confused.gif

I am going to have to wait for the shipment of the L.E.D.'s to come into the U.S.. This is going to make it a little tight getting these little stocking stuffers ready but I figure I should be able to get them done in time.