Fenix P1 Vs Dorcy 1 Watt (cr123) any1 have compared them?

Newuser01

Enlightened
I just aquired a Dorcy super 1 watt (cr123) and very happy with it. Not too much throw.....but very usable close quarters and lights up a room very nicely... Any one have both and compared them side by side? Run time (on CR123 and R123), spot to flood, ETC...ETC....

I know some of you have it, how about it folks!!!

Newbie.....

Warp

Enlightened
I'll be interested in hearing what people say, but...

The Dorcy is
not fully regulated, correct? It also appears to be a bit bigger..

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's always comparing the flashlight reviews.

Dorcy brightness is 470 cd with 17 units of output. P1 is 950 cd of brightness and 28 units of output. Dorcy runs longer but I think the P1 has more "area under the curve" in it's runtime, indicating it's getting more out of a battery.

Basically, the P1 spanks the Dorcy's behind, unless you need the extra runtime...

I also recall comments on some thread I can't find that the Dorcy had mediocre (or maybe a little less than mediocre) heat sinking vs. the Fenix's (all the Fenixes') very good heat sinking, so the Fenix will likely last longer if you use them a lot or run them on RCRs.

Last edited:

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
I have a dorcy metalgear 1 watter in each car glovebox.
myself and the wife EDC fenix's.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother has the Dorcy, and I have a P1. We play "flashlight wars", all the time. :touche: I can't remember if we ever put them up head-to-head, but I have a pretty good idea how they compare.

P1 wins the battle. And that's with Primary CR123a's.

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
Lite_me, Yo pic cracks me up!!! hahaha!!

What a clown.!!!! Stilll wants a comparo....

I know I can read up on review site and stuff....But real use comparo is what I'm more interested in!!

:lolsign::lolsign: