I Almost Bought a Surefire L4 Today...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
but I figured that my wife would be pissed! So I didn't. I am really close to doing it. Do I need it? No. I want it:rock:

Is there any reasons that you can think of that I shouldn't buy an L4?

-Goatee

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle said:
Marital discord is the only reason not to buy one.

cheers

Is marital discord some sort of physical ailment or would it be a mental one? Powernoodle, you are throwing me off because you wax philosophical after you changed your avatar from Ghandi to, well... powernoodles.

-Goatee

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i almost bought an L4 too.... so close, but decided i wanted a wee bit more throw.

-David

Phillipx

Newly Enlightened
marital discord is both a physical and mental malady. First you get no sex for 3 months (physical) then you have to lay awake on the couch thinking about the sex you're not getting (mental)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dudes, geez. You gotta plan out better! Sell off some other junk to get one. That way you can claim that you really didn't spend money for it. Or you can do what I do sometimes - get it - keep it for a while without her knowin - when she finds out say "What? Oh this? I've had this thing for a while." And dismiss it as nothing important. ;)

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
JMHO - I really like the L4 --- but --- for short range use - almost limited to indoor use. Great for lighting up the attic.

As soon as you go anywhere with a bit more room, the need for more throw comes in fast. Maybe look for an L5 or more.

I am partial to the Lux V, but great throw is not one of its strengths.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel the L4 does fine for short and medium range use.

Love the new avatar, Powernoodle! Better than Ghandi, though, I actually liked the self photo better than Ghandi, too.

KDOG3 is genius and see he's been studying my every move! Seriously, that's EXACTLY what I do! I am finding it so hilarious that he's actually reading from my play book!

GreySave

Enlightened
"Is marital discord some sort of physical ailment or would it be a mental one?
-Goatee"

LOL! My wife took an anti-terrorism course during some time working with a number of police departments. She knows how to MacGyver things I'd rather not think about, so it would potentially be VERY physical discord and a whole lot of mental discord while I wondered what was coming......

Alan
au.gif

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
when she finds out say "What? Oh this? I've had this thing for a while." And dismiss it as nothing important. ;)
Hey, That's what she says to me when I ask if I've seen her in that dress/coat/jacket/shoes/outfit before. You mean that this works the other way too? :banghead:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L4 is worth a week on the couch, go for it! In my case, the wife WILL know because i'd be shining the thing all over the house for the next week messing with it... And she would figure out really quick that it is brighter than the L0P I had been shining around the week before :whistle:

schiesz