Interesting 3 way mag switch with 2 leds

leduk

Enlightened
Was looking for European lights in another thread and came across this little gismo for AA mags.

313000klein276901563.jpg

product link here

Its a three way switch with red and white LEDs built in.
So I could have a TLE-5/sandwich in the front and this baby in the back.

White 1W, white 1 LED, red 1 LED. ( or mod to your own requirements.)

I'm going to see where I can get one.

Any one have any experience??

Cheers

benp1

Newly Enlightened
It may be old news, but I didn't know about it! What a product, I think i'm going to have to get one. Damn!

I have my minimag converted with a terralux ministar2 tle5 kit. would this still work? I have read something on dans data (http://www.dansdata.com/ledlights9.htm) saying that it doesn't work with an opalec newbeam, but does with an incandescent

leduk

Enlightened
Good question.

Reading the Museum review the intact bulb must make the circuit for the switch LEDs to work. A small current through the bulb won't be visible but will be enough to allow the circuit in the switch to light the LED's.

The resisitance/voltage characteristics of a TLE-5/Opalec may be different and probably will not allow the switch to work.

Shame.

Cheers

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a few from the manufacturer ( www.out-tec.de )a few years back. They are neat. I see he now has them in black. The ones I have are silver.

I just tried this with one of my minis with a TLE-5. It worked fine, The TLE-5 lights, the white led works, the red led works.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 of these available for sale if anyone is interested. These are silver in color. I did polish them to match the Silver maglite. They are not anodized. I even have 2 maglites - silver color.

(I did a deal with an aquarium club - they were looking for a red led to check out the salt water fish without regular white lights.)

benp1

Newly Enlightened
Will, thanks, very useful. Is your TLE5 the older side emitting one or the dome? I have a newer dome, i'm guessing this would work

How do you find it. Do you consider it a useful addition. I can't imagine a reason why i'd need it, but i do like it. Is it a very usable light? Could you use the white on its own? How is the red?

I'm take you up on your offer but my minimag is black and I live in the UK

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
benp1 said:
Will, thanks, very useful. Is your TLE5 the older side emitting one or the dome? I have a newer dome, i'm guessing this would work

How do you find it. Do you consider it a useful addition. I can't imagine a reason why i'd need it, but i do like it. Is it a very usable light? Could you use the white on its own? How is the red?

I'm take you up on your offer but my minimag is black and I live in the UK

It is an older TLE-5 - I really don't use it that much at all. I got them because they were early LED lights, lots of battery time. I did like the idea of the red LED - it seemed to me it would come in handy. I also thought the idea of a single LED would be helpful - not a very bright light.. Each light works separately. check out the site www.out-tec.de