Streamlight BatonLite

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

This is my first post - I like the board! Wish i had found it sooner, in fact.

I have a BatonLite from Streamlight - I really like the light and its durability, but the LED assembly wiggles sometimes causing the light to flicker. Generally a swift tap will restore light, but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with these lights and/or if anyone has any suggestions for mods to reduce/eliminate this annoyance.

They are almost the size of a MiniMag, without the oversized bulb area (bulb area is same size as body of light). It has 3 LEDs soldered to a circuit board disc. It is held down by the lens cap and the batteries touch the bottom center contact.

Also, would something like the Opalec LED module look the same as this light but in a MAG shell? I have a MiniMag that I "replaced" with this light as the bulb kept breaking (at my work I am hard on my lights), and I may just want to put that module into the MAG.

Thanks for any help!
Mike

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
first of all, welcome to the board, i hope you have a long and enjoyable stay!

as far as the batonlite flickering problem, i would just drop streamlight an email and explain the problem, i'm sure they will replace it. how long have you had it and when did it start flickering? as far as the brightness of the newbeam, i don' know. i don't have one.

if you are looking for a brighter minimag drop in, you should consider a ls based one. several of our members offer dropins using the luxeon star and they are much brighter than a couple of 5mm leds. badboy and madmax ( http://home.attbi.com/~theledguy/hobby/flashlight_modifications.htm ) they are made by dat2zip of this board and are bright as crap for the size, much brighter than an opelec, also lambda made some ill pills, but i don't know if he sells them any more. both of these are *very* hard to aquire, but well worth it.

also, intretech makes a ls drop in for the mini-mag, it is called, i believe, the 2aa, ( http://www.inretech.com/adapters.htm ).

all of the above mentioned lights are very bright, but due to the higher brightness, the batts do not last as long.

browse the forum and do searches and you will find a wealth of knowledge, and products.

but whatever you get, and what ever you use. get an arc aaa!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome behnkem,

What Rothrandir suggest is probably best, but this is the mod area, so I'd recommend you gut it and build in a custom Luxeon, then remote control, and then ..............