I just ordered a Surefire U2

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
What am I in for ? is it good light for the price ? Are these lights brand new or ones that have been returned by people that changed there minds .

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
It was the Surefire web site I know it was probably a rip off price wise , I figure it will go good with my Surefire M6 it can keep it company in the gun safe . I bought the M6 a few years ago before the Surefire pricing BS went into efect.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont worry about it, you will like it. First thing you should do is pull up the tabs that are on the bottom of the inside of the tailcap. Once I did it, this became my most reliable light. It is very bright.... VERY BRIGHT! But, the donut on high stages gets really annoying. I always seem to use the lowest setting... it seems like at least 7-8 lumens to me. I dont think i would give it 5 stars yet... i'll give it 4.75 until i fix the donut.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
most have donuts... from what i hear 90%. But the severity of the donut is the "crapshoot."

-David

Luna

Enlightened
Doughnuts are not bad except for white wall inspection.

If you 'fix' the donut, you decrease the output and throw. Just a thought. Keep in mind the donut is proper, but it is more noticable depeding on the tint of the emitter. It isn't a focus issue.

My suggestion is use it while camping and realize it is only a 'problem' hyped here. Funny thing is that my gladius has more beam artifacts than my U2 (all my LuxVs) but when was the last time you heard a complaint about that? We obscess here a lil'bit too much.

Matter of fact, even with a donut, the U2 has a better beam than probably 95% of the rest of the lights out there.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
dont worry about it, you will like it. First thing you should do is pull up the tabs that are on the bottom of the inside of the tailcap. Once I did it, this became my most reliable light.

-David

David, I don't think that you have to bend anything on the newest version of the U2 since they upgraded the tailcap to 4 tabs and changed the strength of the material used in it.

Also, how can the U2 you got two days ago be your most reliable light. Usually, a light that works flawlessly for a long period of time could be classified as reliable, but not one that you just got.

I'm sure it could end up that way depending on what other lights you have. I have had my U2 for about two months now and have never had a problem with it. I hope yours serves you well also.

Don't worry about the doughnut so much if your tint is white and bright. Outside is where this light shines and you can't even tell that there is one.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine has 4 tabs... most reliable as in: i dont see anything that could go wrong in this light.

-David