Hello to All!

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Cerberus here. Some of you may recognize me from various other forums, I know I have seen some familiar names and call signs.

What brings me to this great place is my new found love of high powered lights. It all started a few years back with a Surefire 6Z purchased here locally at an army store that also caters to the LEO community. It has worked flawlessly until today, I think I fried it and now that it is fried, I want to get it fixed. Where it the best place you guys recommend to get the parts or mods. I have seen by reading that there is a higher output bulb/lamp assy. If I get said parts, do I need to get another tailcap switch?

The reason I ask is because I also recently purchased a Cabelas XPS 12V series light that uses 4 cr123's and puts out a claimed 180 lumens. I had it for a few days 'till my son got ahold of it and it has never worked since. It did however leave a nice black spot burned into our new couch:ohgeez: The only functional light I have currently is my Streamlight Scorpion, which will get me by until I can figure out what I am going to do with these.

I was just on the Cabelas sight and saw that they have replacement bulbs and reflectors, but now tail assemblies. Their reflector/bulb replacement that goes to a claimed 240 lumens.. Should I get it???

Well, I look forward to what you have to say and thinks I have found yet another way to spend time at work:bumpit:

Cerberus

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Cerberus said:
Cerberus here. Some of you may recognize me from various other forums, I know I have seen some familiar names and call signs.

What brings me to this great place is my new found love of high powered lights. It all started a few years back with a Surefire 6Z purchased here locally at an army store that also caters to the LEO community. It has worked flawlessly until today, I think I fried it and now that it is fried, I want to get it fixed. Where it the best place you guys recommend to get the parts or mods. I have seen by reading that there is a higher output bulb/lamp assy. If I get said parts, do I need to get another tailcap switch?

The reason I ask is because I also recently purchased a Cabelas XPS 12V series light that uses 4 cr123's and puts out a claimed 180 lumens. I had it for a few days 'till my son got ahold of it and it has never worked since. It did however leave a nice black spot burned into our new couch:ohgeez: The only functional light I have currently is my Streamlight Scorpion, which will get me by until I can figure out what I am going to do with these.

I was just on the Cabelas sight and saw that they have replacement bulbs and reflectors, but now tail assemblies. Their reflector/bulb replacement that goes to a claimed 2400 lumens.. Should I get it???

Well, I look forward to what you have to say and thinks I have found yet another way to spend time at work:bumpit:

Cerberus

Surefire has a "no buts" lifetime warranty, if it breaks, we'll fix it.
call the help assistant and report your problem, then send your light in and they'll fix it...
How did you fry it? if your trying to mod the thing there goes that warranty
Otherwise, bulbs and switches are sold at surefire's site, ebay, or hover over to b/s/t and post a new thread on "WTB Surefire 6Z parts"

The calebas 12P is an extension of the 9P and the 6P, they are basically identical to the Surefire series of 6-9P, im told they use the same Lamp assemblies and the same batteries...check the bulb to see if its the bulb problem...this is what the Sufires look like: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/124816

Calebas should look identical..., but will use a 12V lamp assembly.

I dont know much on fixing lights, simply because so far none of mine has yet to be replaced or repaired and I dont do much modding :grin2:

WELCOME TO CPForums!

Illum

Flashaholic
Cerberus said:
I was just on the Cabelas sight and saw that they have replacement bulbs and reflectors, but now tail assemblies. Their reflector/bulb replacement that goes to a claimed 2400 lumens.. Should I get it???

Cerberus

2400 lumens is....impossible unless your dealing with an HID lamp assembly.

Lumens is the total light emitted from a source, or Luminous flux, not to be comfused with candlepower aka Luminous intensity, or how strong the beam is.

there is no known conversion between these two stats, but due to recent marketing hype Candlepowers and lumens are sometimes used at the same time, which gives confusion.

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the infor on the sure fire warranty, I did not know that.........I fatfingered the 2400 and fixed it when i checked back after dinner. Just like a noob to screw up my first post, DOH!:ohgeez:

Cerberus

Illum

Flashaholic
Cerberus said:
Thanks for the infor on the sure fire warranty, I did not know that.........I fatfingered the 2400 and fixed it when i checked back after dinner. Just like a noob to screw up my first post, DOH!:ohgeez:

Cerberus

lol..
My first post was something like was a Luxeon supposed to be an LED?

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just recieved the parts to fix my lights, thanks to the advice and knowledge contained her in.

My Cabelas XPS is now sporting a quoted 240 lumens with a 12V Xenon head and my Surefire is now back to a factory 65 with a new lamp assy. I can't wait to take it out after dark!

Thanks guys.

Cerberus:)

greenLED

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Cerberus.

Check out the CPF Specials thread at some point; might save you a buck or two, or three. ;)

metalhed

Enlightened
Welcome, Cerberus :wave:

Just a mention that it sounds like all your lights are incandescents...might be time to add a dependable LED flashlight to your collection. Most won't be as bright as the lights you have, but the lack of bulb replacement issues makes them well worth owning.

Bet you can't tell where my preferences are, can ya'? :D

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

Welcome! I also own a Cabelas XPG 12V Xenon light.....the bulb is currently out, waiting on a new one.......am also looking at the Turbohead for this light, is that the one you have (240 lumen)?

Thanks, and once again welcome.....

dragoman

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Yes Dragonman, it is. The head is much larger than the older one. I like it much better now.

How did you loose yours?

Metalhed,

I am in the process of doing just that. :laughing:

Cerberus