Fenix Sighting on Mythbusters!

Chris201W

Enlightened
I was just watching Mythbusters, the one were they're trying to break into a safe. Well, one of them hands the other a flashlight. At first I thought it was an X5, but then they zoomed in, and, there's no question about it, it was either a Fenix L1P or L1T. Interesting to see that even Mythbusters has caught onto Fenix.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix Sighting

Chris201W said:
I was just watching Mythbusters, the one were they're trying to break into a safe. Well, one of them hands the other a flashlight. At first I thought it was an X5, but then they zoomed in, and, there's no question about it, it was either a Fenix L1P or L1T. Interesting to see that even Mythbusters has caught onto Fenix.

I was watching that episode tonight also but I missed the flahlight... nice catch! I wonder if someone on their staff monitors this forum. :huh:

greenLED

Flashaholic

According to the people at USN, they're regular walk-in customers at TAD Gear.

PW - you'd be surprised to know what some of the folks who roam these halls do for a living. ;)

PS. Anybody's a fan of "Dirty Jobs"? Mike Row was with an exterminator crew at a roach-infested house. He was using a Pelican M6 incan (silver). :)

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened

yup, saw that tonight too and pointed it out to the wife. They said on USN that Adam was jonesin' for a l1t so I'd guess that's what it was. :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Saw it too. Couldn't tell if it was a L1P, L1T, or even an Ultrafire copy (I'd doubt the copy though, I'm sure the Mythbusters know the value of a quality tool).

frisco

Enlightened

It was a L1P

I gave it to Jamie as a gift at the beginning of the year sometime !!!

He recomended me for a few jobs and it was a token of our appreciation.

Were both in the film industry here in San Francisco. His shop (M5) is a few blocks away from my Studio.

I was really touched when I found out he liked it so much he belt carries it in a sheath (EDC) He told me he really liked the size and liked the fact it used a common AA vs. a $9.00 lithium battery. (his words)

He also said they bought more from TadGear (a few blocks away also) he likeed it so much.

I plan on giving him a Demo on some of my lights when comes to my Studio next time.

frisco

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

greenLED said:
According to the people at USN, they're regular walk-in customers at TAD Gear.

PW - you'd be surprised to know what some of the folks who roam these halls do for a living. ;)

PS. Anybody's a fan of "Dirty Jobs"? Mike Row was with an exterminator crew at a roach-infested house. He was using a Pelican M6 incan (silver). :)

I love that show.

-David

not2bright

Enlightened

Frisco, do think they might test the myth of exploding Lithium Ion devices? ;)

greenLED said:

They seem to use that silver Pelican M6 lithium often on the show. In one of the more recent episodes they are using it at an aligator farm. I hope it doesn't go :poof: on them!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw the Fenix also, or thought it was, was not sure which model it was either. In recent episodes of Mythbusters the have also used an Inova X5, and what looked like a larger Maglight. Jamie is so careful with money and not throwing things away, I would not be usrprised to see any kind of flashlight he might have purchased in the past 20 years :), he was a dive teacher so he probably has some older diving lights laying around too.

GreenLed, I love Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe is great on them. I saw the Pelican too, it took me a while ot figure out what it was , but they finally showed a good view of it in the Cockroach episode you mentioned. He also used it at the aligator farm. He must be a busy man, I have noticed that he narrates a huge amount of shows also, Most Dangerous Catch, Ghost Hunters, and a lot more.

frisco

Enlightened

FlashlightPhreak said:
I bet they'd flip over a P1 and recommend they use a protected R123.

I'm not sure how they would be with recharging..... When there shooting the show they are very busy for weeks at a time. I think he likes the fact that he can just go to the production crew and ask for a AA battery.

Jamie has seen my P1 around my neck the last time I saw him.

frisco

Last edited:

frisco

Enlightened

not2bright said:
Frisco, do think they might test the myth of exploding Lithium Ion devices? ;)

I plan on letting Jamie know about whats going on with Lithiums.

frisco

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened

I was able to grab some stills from the episode.

mythbusters_01.jpg

mythbusters_02.jpg

mythbusters_03.jpg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now we just gotta get them turned on to Surefires'!

Hey frisco, you oughta tell them about CPF! And as far as the lithium issue goes, you're not going to tell them they're bad are you? Hopefully just the opposite.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast

And I thought I was the only one to notice!:) :) :) :) :)