Any Inova T5 owners?

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I am considering an Inova T5. I currently have the T1, T2, and T3, as well as the X1, X5, and XO. I might as well round out the collection. The T5 has a traditional switch location, unlike the other Inova's with the butt cap location switch. Was wondering if anybody has one and what the feedback on it is. Thanks for your time.

Hermanator

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any info on the T5, but I'm quite interested in the T3. Could you elaborate a bit on the T3 and what keeps you coming back to the Inova line?
Did you compare brightness, quality against other flashlights?

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Let me first start out by saying that the 'X' series of Inova lights are very well built and have extreme brightness for thier size, but the 'T' series, or Tactical, is where I think they really made thier mark. The T3 is a 3 watt, 100 lumen power house in 6.25". All the "T" series have tail cap push momentary/constant switches. The look and the feel of the machined body feels comfortable in yours hands. The 'X' series all have tail cap switches that you have to twist all the way on for constant power, but you can push it in for momentary use as well ( this feature makes it hard to work one handed ). One of the best features is the price. The T3 runs around $50, the T2 around $40 and the T1 around $35. I was inquiring about the T5 to possibly round out my flashlight "needs" collection. My only complaint is the tail cap on the X5 will not work on constant on position. I am waiting feedback from the company on this matter.

liqht

Newly Enlightened
if you like the other inova's you'll like the T5 just fine.

same quality, same design, main difference is the SIZE and OUTPUT.

it's not really big compared to the D-cell mags, but compared to the other inovas, the size is striking.

also, the battery tube walls are quite thick, so it is heavier.

excellent throw, brightness, and color on mine, plus the extra runtime.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Dude, my t5 is incredible. It is the clear favorite of my lights. I am an EMT in a rural area of the southwest: home of mucho illegal aliens with no power.

It cuts through the darkness like an angel of mercy. Sheriffs are dumbfounded. Patients are speechless and my colleages sit there in the dim golden hue of their lame incandescent maglights and look dumb.

Is it overkill for everyday usage? Perhaps, but hey... thats that my T2 is for... and you already have one of those so you're all set.

Do a search for threads of mine and you will find a few post about the t5. You simply must own this light man, theres no way around it. :rock:

Jasmes

Enlightened
Pokerstud said:
Let me first start out by saying that the 'X' series of Inova lights are very well built and have extreme brightness for thier size, but the 'T' series, or Tactical, is where I think they really made thier mark. The T3 is a 3 watt, 100 lumen power house in 6.25". All the "T" series have tail cap push momentary/constant switches. The look and the feel of the machined body feels comfortable in yours hands. The 'X' series all have tail cap switches that you have to twist all the way on for constant power, but you can push it in for momentary use as well ( this feature makes it hard to work one handed ). One of the best features is the price. The T3 runs around $50, the T2 around $40 and the T1 around $35. I was inquiring about the T5 to possibly round out my flashlight "needs" collection. My only complaint is the tail cap on the X5 will not work on constant on position. I am waiting feedback from the company on this matter.

I thought the T3 actually only put out ~40 lumens?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the T4 over the T5 because it's rechargeable, however, both are fantastic high quality lights. You'll be darn pleased with any of these two.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I've got the X0, T2, T3, and T4. If you are looking at the T5, I would also suggest looking at the T4. Same light, but rechargeable, and only about $20 more. That $20 difference will disappear after you go through a few sets of batteries in a T5. Also, the charger base will keep the light nice and handy and always fully charged. Just a thought. I also carry mine on Fire and EMS runs.

Roger

Last edited:

Pokerstud

Enlightened
pfmedic- thanks especially for your input, I can appreciate your need for quality tools in your line of work. Thanks to everyone else for your input. I have a T5 on the way from ebay for $56.00. :)

brett174

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the T5 and the Pelican M6 2390? I'm trying to decide between the two and wonder which would have the greatest throw and overall brightness.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I cannot believe my luck! I got my T5 the other day, I was all jazzed up and excited. Right out of the box, I started having switch problems. Took several attempts to light. Then I had an issue where it would go blank after lighting. I even saw it turn on dim then go to full brightness. Once, I left it on for 3-5 minutes, and it got so damn hot I could'nt even hold it. The switch has a short somewhere. It is already in a box back to Emissive Energy Corp in Rhode Island. Just a fluke, the 1 in 10000 lemon. This will not throw me off Inova. My T3, T2, T1, XO, X5, and X1 (old series, straight beam ) work flawlessly. Even Cadillac has a lemon come off the assembly line once in a while. Now, the possitive side is that when it did work properly, it threw a beam unlike I have ever seen. There is less side wall splatter than the T3. It is remarkably bright for its size. 4 watts at 100 lumens coming out of a 8.25 inch tube of black knurled machined 1/8" thick aluminum, someone give me a cigarette!!!! It is dissapointing to have this happen, now I will have to wait 2-4 weeks to get a new one!!!

steve_vance

Enlightened
brett174 said:
Does anyone have the T5 and the Pelican M6 2390? I'm trying to decide between the two and wonder which would have the greatest throw and overall brightness.

Both are great lights! That's like deciding between a stunning blonde with a PhD and a rich daddy, and a dazzling brunette with the same. You can't lose either way!

Sorry, I know this isn't helpful....guess I'm just a frustrated comedian