C3 Centurion 5W White Luxeon HOLA

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's nice super bright 5W Luxeon SE mod:

c31.jpg

And some more pics showing a little more detail:

c33.jpg

This was made by stripping the bulb from the reflector, turning down the reflector a little, and then making the base/heatsink assembly in which the Luxeon is mounted. The reflector slides snugly into the heatsink assembly completely surounding the 5W Luxeon inside a nice completed heatsink assembly.

Now, I have to wait for the thermal epoxy mounting the Luxeon to set up before making any measurements. But quickie test show this to be the brightest 5W white Luxeon mod yet. The dimpled reflector makes for a perfectly smooth beam also.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by lambda:
Now, I have to wait for the thermal epoxy mounting the Luxeon to set up before making any measurements. But quickie test show this to be the brightest 5W white Luxeon mod yet. The reflector makes for a perfectly smooth beam also.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know there will be more people waiting for that...
winkie.GIF

Way to go Kevin!
icon14.gif
cool.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by evan9162:
Lambda,

SE or HD?

-Darin
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SE (and I edited that in above)

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice one.

Would you say that the side emitters are the way to go from now on for bodies that have a reflector? It seems you guys are getting excellent results with them.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
And a quickie beam shot of the assembled flashlight.

m3beam1.jpg

Back to the closet to cure the epoxy more .......

MicroE

Enlightened
Well done!!
A really super mod.
I expect that SF is working on their own version of a 5W in a 3 cell unit themselves.
I hope that you will post a runtime and case temperature when they are available.---Marc

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MicroE:
Well done!!
A really super mod.
I expect that SF is working on their own version of a 5W in a 3 cell unit themselves.
I hope that you will post a runtime and case temperature when they are available.---Marc
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They probably are, but I bet it won't have a special 100% efficient regulator like this one.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
And a quickie beam shot of the assembled flashlight.

m3beam1.jpg

Back to the closet to cure the epoxy more .......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you gonna include a can of new ceiling paint when you start selling them?
grin.gif
icon14.gif

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
ok for the 30 ca-billionth time since i have been here, may i get in line please?

yclo

Flashaholic*
Alan,

I'd take a wild guess and say that there's already a Lambda driver inside there somewhere?

-YC

P.S. Who here has heard of "Full Metal Panic"?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
While there certainly is room for a regulator in there, it's only purpose would be to buck, or limit current to extend battery life. And we really don't want that, do we?

This is just direct drive; copper regulation. Current seems to hover around 990ma with new cells, and so far heat doesn't seem to be a problem.

Anybody got any burned out P90 lamps ?

yclo

Flashaholic*
They probably are, but I bet it won't have a special 100% efficient regulator like this one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Opps, missed this one. So that's what you meant..
smile.gif

-YC