Creating the best-ever G2?!?

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Okay I'm bored again! I've decided to start modding my SF G2 but not all that great soldering/electrical/etc. Would like to make my G2 absolutly the brightest it can be without doing any major work on it (maybe an cell extender?/ still not sure where to get those?) Possibly two cell extenders? I'm sure i'll have to get a new lense as well? Not sure which bulb work well with the combinations either. Trying to make it a rechargable as well.

I don't use the light at all and would like to make it a frankenlight i suppose. Any suggestions on combination/ lumen output/ where to buy will be greatly appreciated!

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
From this thread.

I have the G2 + g90 (9v bulb) + 2 unprotected rcr123's + UCL (glass lens). And it is perfect for me.

This makes it as bright as a 9P and rechargeable. If you go much brighter than this, you may have thermal regulation issues.

Some more information here.

Also, Lighthound sells the kit including the charger (as in my setup above) for $35 US + shipping + $2 international shipping. The lens was a few $ more.

I love this setup and it rides on my duty belt taking turns with my tl3.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Anyway to make it a Led Thrower? I like the idea of basically a cheap 9p but rechargeable, just curious about my other options. Thanks!