Surefire L4 LumaMax

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well regarded. Lots of floody light. Would be on many CPFer's top 10 lists.

Try the search function. Many threads on the subject will keep you busy for a while. :twothumbs

Edited: because I'm a swell Powernoodle, here is one search.

cheers

Last edited:

Macaw

Enlightened
Get the 2 stage tail cap from the Shoppe and you have a versatile, pocketable powerhouse. Not the best choice for long throw.

JLavino

Newly Enlightened
Great feedback, I would have searched but Im at work and should be working not reading so I just wanted a quick over view!
Thanks!
Justin

See now Im searching and can't stop reading the posts. :lolsign:

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one with the two stage tailcap and I think it is an awesome light with 17670!!

Ivanhoe

Newly Enlightened
It is a great light (my second surefire) but, as mentioned flood is great but don't expect a throw monster. the 2 stage tailcap which is now almost a "collector's item" is a great addition to the light which will give you a high/low setting. If you decide on this light the McE2s switch is a great addition. And if you can't find the tailcap you can modify the stock SF l4 tailcap :https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/100594

go to post 21 in the above thread for a clear explanation.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
JLavino said:
Whats everyone's Thoughts on this bad larry?

I love it. It's a great light.

Hey, where does that "bad larry" phrase come from? Is a bad larry just something that's really "bad ***?" It reminds me of when I was a kid, when riding our bikes, we'd stick our foot between the forks and the top of the tire to make the bike to a sort of front wheelie and we called it a "harry larry." It was different than a "polish wheelie", in that, with the "harry larry," you'd stop, and with a "Polish wheelie," you'd attempt to actually ride on the front wheel. (like what you see guys doing, all the time, on motorcycles these days.),

BTW, that would be an excellent name for the larry light--"The Bad Larry." That is, assuming it means "something awesome."

Last edited:

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
Whenever I loose something small, like in the grass at night, the L4 is the light I reach for. I usually find whatever it was. It's at its best in close up situations like searching closets or under car seats. That flood is really what you need when working at arms length.

JLavino

Newly Enlightened
Trashman said:
I love it. It's a great light.

Hey, where does that "bad larry" phrase come from? Is a bad larry just something that's really "bad ***?" It reminds me of when I was a kid, when riding our bikes, we'd stick our foot between the forks and the top of the tire to make the bike to a sort of front wheelie and we called it a "harry larry." It was different than a "polish wheelie", in that, with the "harry larry," you'd stop, and with a "Polish wheelie," you'd attempt to actually ride on the front wheel. (like what you see guys doing, all the time, on motorcycles these days.),

BTW, that would be an excellent name for the larry light--"The Bad Larry." That is, assuming it means "something awesome."

Bad Larry is a term Ive used for years. It refers to an object of interest. Like when someone pulls up in a new car. I say what year is that bad larry. When someone gets a new knife, its a bad larry.

It must be a generation thing. Im 22, and Growing up in highschool we used it a lot to refer to an object. Hence the L4 is a bad larry. So ya it would be a excellent name for the larry light.

Justin