Fenix L1T - Not Impressed

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been a big fan of the Fenix lights and I was really looking forward to the L1T. I was dissappointed when I got the light as the output was possibly the same as but to my eyes a little less than my L1P. In addition to the disappointing output, the tint was REAL warm kind of greenish.

Is this due to the Lux 3 being underdriven?

Is this typical of the L1T?

If it is, then Fenix would best be served by making the superb L1P a 2 stage light.

One more note, the secondary setting was a little bit brighter than I expected.

Overall, I am disappointed with the L1T and now I am not as anxious to purchase the P1 or the L2T:awman:

-Goatee

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did notice right off the bat that the tint on my L1T is noticeably greenish. I still like the light, but it's not as "pure" as the light from my Inovas.

chanamasala

Enlightened
Mine was the same color. I grew to despise it. I tried to take the head out but beat up the circuit board. If they are going to use such pukey emitters they ought to at least unpot the heads so we could put an XO tint in there.

phatalbert

Enlightened
I am not an L1T owner but from the beamshots I've seen the low setting was way brighter than I expected. It's almost like it should be called a "High-Max" 2-stage. (The regulation in "low" is nice though :rock: )

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
Try using (use at own risk and not recommended for long duration burst) a 14500 with your L1T (which is the same as the L2T), you will be impressed. I use it in mine with no problem so far.

Tremendo

Enlightened
I have the L2T. The head says L1T/L2T. It's the same. So 3 volts should be fine. My tint is nice, but again, I've got more juice running through it.

Yes, "Low power" should be lower, even on the L2T.

Cabo

Banned
I'm to assume that there isn't any dedicated chargers for the 14500 and that you'll need a metal spacer to adapt it to a DSD charger for example. I have also been unable to find the 3.7v 14500's (unprotected).

edited for grammor

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
NIGHTGUY said:
Try using (use at own risk and not recommended for long duration burst) a 14500 with your L1T (which is the same as the L2T), you will be impressed. I use it in mine with no problem so far.

I have been wanting to try this out but I need to buy some first. Undoubtedly, having a new type of rechargeable battery will "force" me to buy some other lights like the JetBeam.

Do you think that the tint would grow whiter? The original U2 that I had had a nice color tint on the higher settings but it was ugly green on the lower level.

-Goatee

nightrider

Enlightened
Here are some quick beamshot comparisons I just took to look at tint comparisons between my L1P and L1T mainly. Also threw in my P1 in for the second shot.

First, here is my Fenix L1P on left, Fenix L1T on right. Yes, the L1T looks yellow/green by comparison, but it's not that noticable by itself.

L1P_L1T.jpg

Below is the L1P on the left, and my Fenix P1 on the right.

L1P_P1.jpg

Sorry for the bit of glare from the calendar (only white BG I had handy)
I still love the killer runtime of the L1T, especially on the low setting which is really quite usable in many situations, making it a really practical light.

The P1 is just great as an EDC on my keychain. I run the Tenergy rechargable 3.0v (3.6v actually) regulated/protected Li-Ions in it. Lasts about 45 mins. Both the L1T and P1 are great lights, but I love the P1's size for an EDC. OK I still love my modded (two-stage switch mod) L1P too:grin2:

Illum

Flashaholic
Valpo Hawkeye said:
I did notice right off the bat that the tint on my L1T is noticeably greenish. I still like the light, but it's not as "pure" as the light from my Inovas.

Pure? Pure as the light from my inovas?

WELL SAID!

FINALLY, I FOUND SOMEONE WHO FINDS INOVA LIGHTS TO BE PURE LIGHT

HALLELUJAH!

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 3 L2T's all have good tints with excellent brightness. It's one of the best lights in its class. It's very versatile and has exceptional runtime. I must say that I also love my Inovas. They are my favorite lights. I have found very few tint variations in any of my T2,3,5's. They are outstanding.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
I have been a big fan of the Fenix lights and I was really looking forward to the L1T. I was dissappointed when I got the light as the output was possibly the same as but to my eyes a little less than my L1P. In addition to the disappointing output, the tint was REAL warm kind of greenish.
-Goatee

I've been waiting for someone to notice this. I too compared it to my L1P and despite being a 3W, it was less bright. This was acceptable, but the *tint* - that green was HORRIBLE!! I also agree with others that low setting is not low enough. I have given away both L1Ts as gifts to non-flashaholics who hopefully will not mind...

MY

Enlightened
My L1T is also greenish tint - quite dissapointing given the good tints of my P1 and L1P. The low level is way too bright. While using a 14500, the low level is almost not discernable from the high level - the tint is still greenish. I passed on a beautifully tinted two stage L1P modded by cy to get the L1T - what a mistake.

Regards.

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
yeah I have been thinking about the L1T vs the P1 as well. this equal brightness compared to the L1P has been mentioned more than once.
also the green color to me is not worth it. this I have also seen alot of as well.
The civicators look to be green as well.

Im with liteboy and my, if I had a greeny, I would get rid of it.
Cant they be returned to the place where it was bought at?

nightrider, Excellent pics.
thank you.

Last edited:

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I hated the tint on my L2T it was a really nasty green so i ordered up a few UXOJ and now it is perfect and i would not change anything about it. Luckily the potting on the head was really badly done so i had no problems taking out the brass pill.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L1T is NOT green. My P1 is tho. But it only looks green when compared to either my L1T or L2T. ? If I shine it on my white ceiling by itself, it looks white! When I get some time, I'll take some beam shots and add it to my post. Sooo much of this tint thing is relative to comparison.

[EDIT] Here's a pic. Mine not green.

L1T on the left..... Civictor V1 on right.

l1tcivvb6.jpg

The Civictor is not as yellow as it appears. It's more milky colored when in actual use. Me likes it!

Last edited: