• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTT: Custom WW0S 18650 KL4 w/ McE2s for your U2 or XX1T HD45

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
I just built this light but I think I'd like to try out a U2 or HD45 instead. The light is great but I want to try soemthing else as an 18650 multi level alternative.

Here is my KL4 setup:

KL4.jpg

-Head has been opened and I just installed a WW0S from photon
-Arctic alumina epoxy for the emitter (very well centered)
-Arctic alumina between the can and head
-Includes a HA-Nat 18650 E/E tube from TB
-Includes a NA-Nat McE2s with 60ohm resistor
-Includes the standard L4 body and tailswitch
*There are some slight marks on the reflector but they don't affect the beam.

All the orings have been oiled and threads have fresh nyogel. Any takers? I've got around $280 invested in this setup which is more than the cost of a U2. I'll sell it for $260 or trade me your U2. The U2 must be 18650 capable and have decent tint/donut hole. Even better would be a U2 with an open head and no 18650 sleeve.

Also looking for an XX1T HD45. Seen a few of those floating around:grin2:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Nice light. I'd consider trading my U2, but it seems like it's hard to find a good U2 with decent tint and little donut. I think mine fits that category, and it takes 18650 too. I'm not sure I'd be able to replace it if I gave it up.

I'd consider buying it from you outright, but the flashlight budget won't allow it this month. I'd love to have one of those TB 18650 E series tubes. I hear he isn't planning to make another run of those anytime soon. The two-stage McE2s are getting rare, too, aren't they?

Are you sure you really want to part with this light? I think you're going to miss it when it's gone. Sure, the U2 is a very good light, but you can always buy one off the shelf next month or next year.

Good luck!

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Ty_Bower said:
Wow. Nice light. I'd consider trading my U2, but it seems like it's hard to find a good U2 with decent tint and little donut. I think mine fits that category, and it takes 18650 too. I'm not sure I'd be able to replace it if I gave it up.

I'd consider buying it from you outright, but the flashlight budget won't allow it this month. I'd love to have one of those TB 18650 E series tubes. I hear he isn't planning to make another run of those anytime soon. The two-stage McE2s are getting rare, too, aren't they?

Are you sure you really want to part with this light? I think you're going to miss it when it's gone. Sure, the U2 is a very good light, but you can always buy one off the shelf next month or next year.

Good luck!

You're right, it is rare. Which is why I'm also looking for an XX1T HD45.