How do you like you fenix L0P ?

vtt

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking for a non lithium light for my keychain.

the L0P looks like a winner , are there any other options i should consider ?

evanlocc

Enlightened
Yes, i infact like the L0P very much for its size on brightness that it become the shelf queen.

If you aim for a longer runtime one, check on their E series. Just saw it here a while ago. Ya 'E1' i think.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light. Short run time on Alkalines, but brighter than anything else its size.

Much better run time with Lithiums.

A lot of my friends are used to me having state of the art lights, but this one REALLY blows them away.

nuggett

Enlightened
Peak Pacific is a very nice 1 aaa cell light also, longer run time than the lop.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went from a Photon to an Arc, to the L0P, to the CR2 Ion (and sometimes Jil Intelli). Personally I prefer CR2 based keychain lights now, because even though they're fat (shorter, but fatter), I prefer this form factor because IMO you have more options to go with. Meaning brighter LEDs, bigger reflectors, etc.

If I were to go back to a AAA light however, I'd probably forgo the L0P entirely and go back to an Arc, although I might instead go with a Millermodded Arc rather than the stock one.

I say this because my keychain light is usually not my primary light, but rather a secondary/backup light, and the L0P is vastly inferior to the Arc in that regard, IMO. I can get many, many hours with my CR2 Ion on low, or a minium of several hours with my Jil Intelli. The Arc will last for several hours as well. The L0P however only gives around an hour, give or take, of good light. Not what you want in a back-up.

If you plan on using it as your only light, the L0P is OK, just feed it with NiMH rechargables. Even then, I'd still personally prefer a multi-level CR2 light like the Intelli because of how versitile it is (many hours on low, and very bright on high).

DrizzitT

Newly Enlightened
I have one, but I don't like it as much as my Arc AAA...

If you need a backup light, maybe I'd go for a L0P, but the runtime of an Arc might be more useful.

If you use it as your only light, L0P loses right away...

Then again, I use the Exolion now with level Arc/L0P/Eyeblinding.

If you're willing to spend the money, Chimo's or MillerMod's lights might work well. Not too sure if they have to run off lithiums though.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say the LOP for power or one of the cheap 99c keyring lights for cost/ runtime.

Or,

An Orb Raw 1watt. Runs for a while on a normal CR2 cell, ( I know you said not lithium but I assumed you meant not rechargeable, dangerous or short runtime.), bright, good quality and easy to upgrade to a 3watt in future if you decide to go for it.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I used an L0P for a while, but the short run time kind of limits it's usefulness. I opted for a Miller Modded three level L0P which I consider the perfect EDC light. The cost seemed like a lot at the time I bought it, but this is the light I actualy use about 95% of the time.

Blazer

Enlightened
Love it.

Got one in my pocket right now. Size for me is ideal, throw it in the pocket every morning whether I'm wearing dress pants, or shorts.

I use NImh rechargeable batts, whether they get dim or not, I have 4 and cycle through them about once a week so I've always got a fresh one in the light and three in reserve (usually don't carry extra batts on my person, but they're ready to go at home).

Used to have it on my keychain, but didn't want the finish to start getting worn so my Streamlight Keymate stays on my keys and it's getting pretty beat up. Wouldn't do that to my L0P.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one in January 2006. It's been on my key ring ever since. I like it rather a lot. The ends of it are a little beat up from the keys and other things in my pocket, but the rest of the finish still looks good, and the light works perfectly.

I usually carry another flashlight with me, so it isn't my primary light. I keep a L92 lithium cell in it. Most people who see me with it are surprised at how much light it makes for its relatively tiny size.

I don't regret the purchase, and I'll probably buy another one some day as a gift for someone else.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
vtt said:
i'm looking for a non lithium light for my keychain.

the L0P looks like a winner , are there any other options i should consider ?
You should check the thread called "LOP Died" out on the LED section before making any decision.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
The L0P is my favorite light for EDC. I'm carrying both it and an older standard Arc AAA and I always prefer the L0P for its greater brightness and throw. I'm soon going to demote the Arc to a shelf queen. I must say, though, that the anodizing on the Arc is far superior: the L0P is starting to look a bit ragged in the keyring area. With my current lifestyle, I find that the longer runtime of the Arc is rarely needed.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
nice and bright , very short run time , cheap feeling with a finish that scratches easy, runtime only 1 and half hrs, arcAAA much better in all respects execpt brightness( the arc runs all night) , and that can be easly corrected by eric (millermods) with a killer modded head he does for a resonalbe price =better light.more runtime etc.......my .02cents

Last edited:

vtt

Newly Enlightened
taking everything that you have said into consideration (dead L0P part included) i think it might be the right light for my keychain .

thanks for you comments and help.