5c maglite , now what ?

vtt

Newly Enlightened
ater an hour of searching i have found my 12 years old 5c maglite (what was i thinking ) .

is there any hope for this pipe ?
5c's are able to push quit enough power to make things interesting ,
are there any drop-in's for the 5c ?

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry one in each vehicle along with an X0. The maglight works well enough for most tasks and has done so for probably 15 years now. Plus it will dent the skull of anyone that pushes for it. I just leave it as is for what it is, and put money in other lights and other things. It still works.

Lee1959 said:
I carry one in each vehicle along with an X0. The maglight works well enough for most tasks and has done so for probably 15 years now. Plus it will dent the skull of anyone that pushes for it. I just leave it as is for what it is, and put money in other lights and other things. It still works.

What kind of vehicle do you have and where do you keep your Mag?
I kept my Mag 4D in my car under the passenger seat for a while, but it rolled around and banged around a lot. Only after a month, the head ring suffered quite a few chipped spots from hitting the seat rails. For me, there's simply no other place for it in the car that's not in the plain sight of social scumbags, aka druggies and thieves

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
What kind of vehicle do you have and where do you keep your Mag?
I kept my Mag 4D in my car under the passenger seat for a while, but it rolled around and banged around a lot. Only after a month, the head ring suffered quite a few chipped spots from hitting the seat rails. For me, there's simply no other place for it in the car that's not in the plain sight of social scumbags, aka druggies and thieves

I kept mine in a old rag under my driver seat. No rolling around and the rag is also usefull sometimes:grin2:

Best regards

____
Tom

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a full size 4 wheel drive pickup, and my wife has a minivan. I keep mine next to the 4 wheel drive selector lever and beside it sits a collapsable umbrella in a plastic cover and one of my Zoso baseball caps sits on the lever and lays on top of both of them. They sit there just fine, I cannot remember one time having to chase them. My wife keeps hers along beside her drivers seat, not under it, but facing forwards along the rail and it sits very nicely. In the car she had previously, it would sometimes roll so we put a piece of velcro tape on the light near the buttcap and a piece on the bottom of the seatbelt holder, and it sat there for years without ever moving unless you pulled it off.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use rechargeable batteries, potted 1160 bulb, UCL lens, aluminum reflector. Your light will scream!

Jeff