L2T Owners...

Budman231

Enlightened
...I'd like to hear from you guys as to the quality and satisfaction you have regarding your L2T's. I am thinking about buying one and coming from an L1P, I'm wondering if it will be very similar or will there be a striking difference in the brightnesss with lithiums.

Thanks Guys
buttrock.gif

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using the same type batteries in both, the L2T is going to be noticeably brighter. For most uses requiring 'that kind of light', either would probably do. But if you needed to see a little further out, the L2T will do it better.

I'm very pleased with the performance of my L2T.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very pleased with my 3 L2T's. They allhave nice tints, are plenty bright, and have absolutely outstanding runtimes on low. They have been quite a good addition here.

Lumbee1

Newly Enlightened
I love my L2T. I was honestly interested in the performance of the high mode but I use more often in the low mode. Throw in high is good enought for me and I use the same NiMH's that I use in my digi cam in the L2T.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
I found a noticeable difference between the L2T and L1P and i edc my L2T i think it is great.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
Love my L2T... never used the other models. Low is almost always more than enough light and high is pretty darn bright considering the size of this light. High is in between low and high on my 8C UK eLED, a monstrous Lux V dive light. Only complaint is it is slippery, see my solution here. I have dropped mine on concrete from 5' three times :ohgeez:, only result is tiny chinks in the tailcap where it hit. Had to work the bezel back and forth a bunch to smooth out the action, it was pretty tight when I got it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. I use Energizer lithium primaries in mine, I guess 15-20 hour on low... amazing.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loving my L2T with CR123 mod...lovely little light, nice white tint, handy low setting, well worth the cash in my (admitedly uneducated) opinion.

CFU

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
Loving my L2T with CR123 mod...lovely little light, nice white tint, handy low setting, well worth the cash in my (admitedly uneducated) opinion.

CFU

What exactly is the L2T w/ CR123 mod? Is this the one that (I believe) 4sevens offers? Is output about the same as stock L2T?

Thanks.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very happy with mine! I put a Gerber Infinity clip on it and carried it all over Florida last week on 'vacation' (i.e. conference for work). It is very slim in my pocket and the light output is very satisfactory. I am happy with the low, but wouldn't mind if the bright was a touch brighter (it is bright, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't have that 'wow' kind of brightness). Killer light for the money.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAustin said:
What exactly is the L2T w/ CR123 mod? Is this the one that (I believe) 4sevens offers? Is output about the same as stock L2T?

Thanks.

Austin...it is the 4sevens mod, but I placed the CR123 tube on it immediately after reciving it, so I've not compared CR123 V's AA (even if I took off the CR tube and placed the AA tube on it I only have alkaline batts...it's a bit unfair to compare them against lithiums). Sorry I can't be of much help to ya!

BTW, just looked at flashlight reviews piece on the L2P and the L2P with CR123 tube and according to them the output is exactly the same...I'd suppose this is the case with the LT2 CR123 as well.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l2p.htm

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l2p_123a.htm

CFU

bennytheblade

Newly Enlightened
Love mine.
2 levels of brightness, relatively small, good runtime, good color rendition.
Only complaint is no anti roll.

:goodjob: fenix.

Lumbee1

Newly Enlightened
Austin...it is the 4sevens mod, but I placed the CR123 tube on it immediately after reciving it, so I've not compared CR123 V's AA (even if I took off the CR tube and placed the AA tube on it I only have alkaline batts...it's a bit unfair to compare them against lithiums). Sorry I can't be of much help to ya!

BTW, just looked at flashlight reviews piece on the L2P and the L2P with CR123 tube and according to them the output is exactly the same...I'd suppose this is the case with the LT2 CR123 as well.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l2p.htm

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l2p_123a.htm

CFU

So where did you get the CR123 tube? 4sevens doesn't advertise it on his site.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumbee, got mine from 4sevens.

Maybe he's run out of 'em?
icon23.gif

CFU

Yes, both cr2 and cr123 bodies are out of stock. Based on the sales trend
there is not enough demand to make another run for the l2p.

I do have a few bare aluminum cr2 bodies - email me if you're interested.

However, I'm looking into ones for the LxT series... they will be compatible
with the l2p.

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
I have one on a 123 body. I also have the tailcap modded. Therefore its a 3 stage light. Its simply awesome, and the levels correspond very closely to my HDS lights (without the minimum super dim setting that the HDS offers).The beam is very white-not on the warm side like my L2Ps. And, in real world use is as bright as my U60 & B42 on high. Can't tell you about the runtime, as I don't EDC it, but use it around the house for up to 1/2 hour a day. Its as bright as the first power up, and on the original primary battery.

I have an L2P on a 123 body, and have been considering buying another L1T/L2T to upgrade the 123 body to. The 3 stage option is really handy. I might add that the 123 body and head assembly is the same length as the L0P, and just slightly thicker.

Last edited:

yekim

Enlightened
Would the l2t be a good replacement for my EDC Nuwai tm301-x3? I like the Nuwai, but would like to use AA's in a daily carry light rather than the CR123a's. I keep hearing that the Fenix's low isn't that low. The Nuwai's low stage is nice enough to navigate with and easy on the eyes when you first click it on in the dark.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
The L2t is about 10 lumens on low vs. the Nuwai's 2 lumens on low (per flashlightreviews)... The l2T's low may be a little brighter than necessary for reading or something like that, but is great for walking around. It's not annoyingly bright in my opinion, in fact it is much more usable than a lower setting. On my L2T I have only used high once when changing a tire, and many times just messing around and testing vs other lights.