Does anyone besides Dorcy make a LED based lantern?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to find something in this form factor (Like the Dorcy 3 watt type of lantern) although with the durableness of something like an Energizer hard case lantern.

I wasn't too impressed with the Dorcy's casing.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the Sears stores for an safety orange colored one. It looks very similar to the sealed beam par 36 lantern that Dorcy used to make under the Sears and Craftsman brandings. This one, I believe, is also using a Lux 3 and is rechargeable.

Lit Up said:
I'd like to find something in this form factor (Like the Dorcy 3 watt type of lantern) although with the durableness of something like an Energizer hard case lantern.

I wasn't too impressed with the Dorcy's casing.

DaveG

Enlightened
Target had a Energizer rechargeable 1- watt that is like the hard case style,about $40. or so.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPortsmans Guide has two different LED Lanterns with 30 LEDs, and a variable brightness switch. I have the older 20 LED model and it works very well, I am very satisified with it. Matter of fact, my sister, my parents and my inlaws have all recived them form Christmas and like them very well.

One of the new models is even very nice looking looks like an old German Gas lantern, cannot remember the brand off the top of my head.

Actually just did a search and they have 4 models now.

http://shop2.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=Page%3A+%2FDefault.asp+KW+Box&s=SEARCH&a=search&k=led+lantern