Phoenix Get-together IV Aug 19th

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to light up your life. :)

WOW!! Time has really flown by and it's hard to believe that it will soon be that time again. First thanks to everyone who participated and contributed to the Phoenix Get-together III back in March. Given the unusual weather it still was a great time and it was good to see everyone. As you will see and THANKS TO BRLUX we have eliminated weather as a potential problem this time.

WHO

Everyone is invited!!!

WHEN Aug 19th 5:00 PM

WHERE

We are very fortunate this time in that Brlux has offered his condominiums complex's clubhouse for the gathering. We will have access to the clubhouse, gas grills, restrooms and a nice pool to take swim or test lights underwater. There will be limited parking at the clubhouse but there is plenty of parking within easy walking distance. Brlux will be chiming in shortly with more information about parking and pictures of the club house.

Polynesian Paradise Condominiums
6721 E McDowell Rd
Scottsdale AZ 85257

cpfivv.jpg

FOOD

To make things easy again I will supply the main meal with the following choices.

Meats (Please pick one, I will bring extra for seconds)

Choice 1. Hamburgers with all the complements including cheese
Choice 2. Jamaican (Jerk) chicken - Chicken breast marinated with Walkers Woods Jamaican Jerk Seasoning with barbecue sauce. Very good!!!
Choice 3. Barbecue chicken breast
Choice 4. Jamaican (Jerk) pork chops.
Choice 5. Grilled pork chops
Choice 6. Bring your on varmint seasoned to your taste.

Salad (Please pick one)

Choice 1. Regular Salad (lettuce tomatoes croutons, with Ranch dressing)
Choice 2. Greek Salad (Lettuce Feta cheese, black olives, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, croutons with Greek dressing and Anchovies (on the side)

Beer is allowed in and around the clubhouse according to the rules of Polynesian Paradise Condominiums but will not be supplied. All we ask is if you choose to drink please drink responsibly. Officially drinking is not part of our agenda thus we take no responsibility for your action. (No glass bottles in the pool area)

If you don't want to bring all of your lights then please post the lights that you could bring on request. If someone has a light you would like to see then request that person to bring it.

Here are some things that we will need so please volunteer to bring something and post what you will commit to.

Some more covered dishes
Appetizers
Chips & Dip
Rolls
Dessert
Drinks
Salt
Pepper
Spatula
Tongs
Plastic silverware
Plate
Salad bowls
Glasses/ cups
Napkins/ Paper Towels
Trash Bags
Cooler
Ice

I will be sending out PMs to people who have showed interest and attended pervious gatherings (Below) but unfortunately I am missing some people. Please let people know about this event who are in the area.

Uncle Fester
Cyclops942
Cyclops942 Wife
Lebkuecher
Rocketmaninphx
Peter
Merri
Brlux
Brlux wife
CM
MJ
lebox97
Planterz
Luminilious
vmaxoutlaw
Robyn
shakiesam
vortechs

So in summary

Post your meat and salad choices.
Post which supplies you can volunteer for.
Post the lights you can bring on request.

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
Re: Phoenix Get-together IV (Sept 2 or Sept 9)

Hi Lebkuecher,

Thanks for organizing this. I'll try to keep my calendar free for those weekends. I can help supply some picnic supplies like plates, cups, plasticware, salt & pepper, etc.

I'll go with the Jamaican (Jerk) chicken and the Greek Salad.

I've got a lot more lights this time than I did back in March, since I've been pretty active of the forums.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

vortechs said:
I've got a lot more lights this time than I did back in March, since I've been pretty active of the forums.

Me to, can you bring your chimo Arc AAA mod? I would love to compare it to mine. I love this little light.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Thanks Lebkucher for organizing this. I'll bring my purple bag o' magmodds since they seem so popular.
MAYBE I will have my Nano if Andrew Wynn Rouse gets done coming up with another ten pages of excuses as to why the light isn't delivered.
I'm in for the cheeseburger option with a regular salad and I;ll bring a dessert.
Lookin' forward to seening everyone

Brlux

Enlightened

Hi everyone.

I have really enjoyed the last 2 get togethers I have atended and am looking forward to this one. I hope my place will work out ok, it is kind of old but nice.

DSCF1088.JPG

This is a picture of the inside of the club house. It is a nice open space for shining lights around and we will have control of the lights.

DSCF1095.JPG

This is a picture of the outside of the club house. Bring your suits if you think you could be interested in playing flashlight under water. If there is interest I can check on having access to the pools light switch.

This is a Google map of the complex. You can see the pool and club house in the middle. As mentioned the only problem is the very limited number of visitor parking space. I think if we have people park accost the street in the neighborhoods to the east of the complex we will be ok.

lebox97

Enlightened

I think I can be there for either date - but will have to confirm in a few weeks after some travel/potential new job dust settles...
:thanks:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn't think it was possible scheduling this event this far out but we have conflicts with both dates. We would also have a conflict on Aug 26 and I could have an issue on Aug 19. I can maybe work something out with my family on the 19th but will not know for sure in till sometime tomorrow. Assuming that I can, we are now looking at either Aug 19th or Sept 16th.

Anyone have a conflict with these two dates?

Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Phoenix Get-together IV (Aug 19th or Sept 16th)

I am open now for the Aug 19. Let me know or post if you have a conflict with either date. (Aug 19th or Sept 16th)

vortechs

Enlightened
Does anyone have any new and interesting lights to show off?

I will have to take some time to inventory everything I've gotten since the last get together. This time I will be able to show off some lights like my picolight modded with a SMJED, my SMJLED Photon Freedom, chimo's FLuPIC Lux-I ArcAAA, an Orb Raw, the JIL-CR2 Intelli, the JIL-CR2 1.3W, a bunch of Wolf Eyes incandescents and MicroFire hybrids, and a AE HID Powerlight PL14 with a 24W bulb and ballast. Yeah, I've been busy on B/S/T.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will bring my Arc AAA mod (chimo's miniFLuPIC) and a FFIII as new lights, I can bring also bring the following on request.

ARC LSH-P
ARC AAA Turquoise
AAA P original
AAA ver 4
Surefire L4
Surefire E2
Surefire G2
Peak Matterhorn brass
Peak Rainer
Peak Pacific brass or Ha with all battery packs in brass
HDS 60 XRGT
Innova X5
ElektroLumens Blaster-3P

Can anyone bring the new MAG-LED, I would love to see it crap out as the led gets hot.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve, thanks for putting this together. Merri and I would like to attend and we can bring something (tbd). Aug 19th works for us as well.

Peter

shakiesam

Newly Enlightened
Hello Steve,

Thanks for all of your work to put this together. Aug 19 sounds good for Peggy and me. I will bring a Mag 3c and 4c, both with the Mag LED drop-in.
We can both watch "to see it crap out as the led gets hot". I have never run either one that long. They put out (to my eyes) more light than the Mag-Num Star Xenon Replacement Bulbs. Maybe we can take them to the next test. I will ask wife tonight what she wants to eat, and what we will bring.

Thanks again.....Sam

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great to have you Larry, if you decide to make the drive and need help finding a place to stay just let me know. Not sure if you would consider flying in but would also offer to pick you up at the airport.

Thanks for the offer to bring the light Sam, looking forward to seeing it "crap out" LOL

I also just want to mention again that Brlux deserves a lot of credit for this gathering. Without his drive this event wouldn't be happening in till sometime early in Oct. Also providing the clubhouse makes thing much easier. It would be nice to have something similar next March.

Update on attendees

Uncle Fester - confirmed
Cyclops942 - waiting response on new date
Cyclops942 Wife - waiting response on new date
Lebkuecher - confirmed
Rocketmaninphx - never read pm
Peter - confirmed
Merri - confirmed
Brlux - confirmed
Brlux - wife confirmed
CM - not sure
MJ - no response
lebox97 - interested checking date (Tucson) Car pool??
Planterz - interested checking date (Tucson) Car pool??
Luminilious - never read pm
vmaxoutlaw - never read pm
Robyn - maybe
shakiesam - confirmed
Peggy - confirmed
vortechs - confirmed

shakiesam

Newly Enlightened
Thank you also, Brlux! With the temps we have been having, it will be great
to get out of the heat.

Here are our food requests:

One--Choice 1. Hamburgers with all the complements including cheese

One--Choice 2. Jamaican (Jerk) chicken - Chicken breast marinated with Walkers Woods Jamaican Jerk Seasoning with barbecue sauce. Very good!!!

Two-- Choice 1. Regular Salad (lettuce tomatoes croutons, with Ranch dressing)

Will bring the following:

Rolls, Napkins/ Paper Towels, Trash Bags (large) and other items that are not picked as we get closer to the event. Can pick up ice and bring one cooler if needed.

Sam

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update - more organized so people can see what to volunteer for.

Food choices from the confirmed - Please let me know if you haven't a week or so before the event.

Uncle Fester - confirmed Hamburgers - Regular Salad
Lebkuecher - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Peter - confirmed
Merri - confirmed
Brlux - confirmed
Brlux - wife confirmed
shakiesam - confirmed - (Jerk) Chicken Regular Salad
Peggy - confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad
vortechs - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Thunderlight - comfirmed - Hamburgers - Greek Salad
Cyclops942 - confirmed
Cyclops942 Wife - confirmed

Responded but not sure yet

lebox97 - interested checking date (Tucson) Car pool??
Planterz - interested checking date (Tucson) Car pool??
Robyn - Maybe

Volunteered to bring

vortechs - plates, Salad bowls, cups, plastic ware, salt & pepper
Uncle Fester - dessert
shakiesam - Rolls, Napkins/ Paper Towels, Trash Bags (large)
Peter - will bring something (appetizers)
Thunderlight - Coke/Diet Coke OR Pepsi/Diet Pepsi

Stuff that you can volunteer for

Cooler
Ice
Covered dishes
Appetizers
Chips & Dip
Spatula
Tongs

Last edited:

thunderlight

Enlightened
Have sent correspondence to Lebkuecher. I am interested if it is indeed on August 19 and it's not too late to respond.

Don't have any unique lights in terms of new lights that a typical CPFer would not be familiar with, however, have some antique lights probably dating from the 30s to 70s. So I may bring some of these if there is interest. These range from a Rayovac Bullet from the 30s to Eveready Captains from the 60s. [Burgess, Bond, Hipco, and a transparent Eveready that clearly shows how the typical Eveready switch works].

Thanks,
Thunderlight [because I live near Thunderbird Road :whistle: ]