• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McLux III-Ti Anodized

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Hate like heck to do this but I have to pay for a new controller for my grinder. For sale, a one of a kind anodized McLux III-Ti flashlight. You all know the light and this is the only one with anodizing as far as I know. I had Don send it to me as an empty shell, I selectively patterned it with my signature snakeskin and then anodized it. I sent it back to him and he built it out. Upgraded since with Joker reflector. Asking $650 shipped, paypal OK if you must but MO preferred.

mcluxti1.jpg

mcluxti2.jpg

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Hi Peter, need the extra money to finish my Ti Keycutter with area 51 grinds ? :grin2:

Seriously though, one great looking light. Should move out real fast. Good luck !

Cliff

ps: hope you get the grinder fixed quickly, I read about it on your blog.

Last edited:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Thanks! :) Yup, it's a beauty but it needs to go. I have several other lights that I will be putting up soon too but this is the crown jewel.

I should note that I will touch up a small scrape on the body that is barely visible but there are also some extremely light marks from normal EDC on the head that I cannot reanodize. These are so fine that I can't photograph them but they just let you know that the light is not 100% brand new. I would rate this light at a comfortable 95% overall.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter. How durable is this anodizing?
Is it a comparable to HA II or Ha III on aluminum?
It is a cool pattern. Why is there no pattern on the head?
It looks like the clip and body are anodized but the head is not. Is the head coated with another finish?

What gives? One day Don sells 80 Ti lights at $425.00, in 13 minutes. A few days later a totally one of a kind masterpiece, offered at a bargain price,
Takes more than 15 minutes to sell.

What a strange market.

Yaesumofo

Peter Atwood said:
Thanks! :) Yup, it's a beauty but it needs to go. I have several other lights that I will be putting up soon too but this is the crown jewel.

I should note that I will touch up a small scrape on the body that is barely visible but there are also some extremely light marks from normal EDC on the head that I cannot reanodize. These are so fine that I can't photograph them but they just let you know that the light is not 100% brand new. I would rate this light at a comfortable 95% overall.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you trade it for a brand new UXOK Ti-PD?

I havent't received my Ti-PDs, but I would be interrested in such a trade.

edit : sorry, you said you needed to get some cash, so I guess you won't be interrested in any trade. I'll keep my Ti-PD then :grin2: . Good luck, I'm sure this won't last long :popcorn: .

Last edited:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Yes, the head IS anodized. I cannot reanodize it to touch up the miniscule swirlies because it contains electronics which will fry! The head is not patterned because applying the pattern is an incredible pain in the ***. But yes, it is anodized to match the rest of the body.

Anodized titanium is fairly tough, especially when it is applied in the high voltage range such as this. The oxide layer is thicker the higher the voltage that is applied. This was about 120 volts compared to 25-35 volts which is what you typically see in ti. There is no comparison between anodized ti and anodized aluminum because the processes are completely different, aluminum is actually heated, pickled and dyed.

maddog

Enlightened
hey Peter ..... is there nothing your not into? i didn't know you were a member here also.

anyway, awsome light. i wish i had some extra cash ..... but i just got into the K2000R HID GB.

good luck on your sale.

ps.... by the way this is "MC28REPSOL" ..... see you on the USN later!

ibcj

Enlightened
This is a beautiful light and one of a kind too !
I'm suprised that it is still here.

How long before we see a Ti PD for sale at $650 to fund the purchase of this one.

Sorry for the highjack, please consider it a bump for a great light.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
:huh: I can't believe this one is still here! :eeksign:

This anodizing is amazing! This light is UNIQUE, customized on a 50-in-the-world-light base, which is the McLux-T :drool:

The only reason I can see is that a significant number of people have just bought a Ti-PD, and that a quite significant number of other people are patiently waiting for another run of them.

Ditto on the strange market !

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the McluxIII-T a bit smaller/lighter than the Ti-PD? The III-T run was signifigantly smaller than the Ti-PD run(s).

Is the snakeskin pattern an anodize procedure or is it an acid etching or something else?

marcspar

Enlightened
That's a great deal!

The McLux III Ti is a little shorter than its PD Ti brother.

I had Peter annodize my McLux III Ti's bezel & clip and the resulting look is awesome.

Congrats to the seller and buyer.

Marc

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcspar said:
That's a great deal!

The McLux III Ti is a little shorter than its PD Ti brother.

I had Peter annodize my McLux III Ti's bezel & clip and the resulting look is awesome.

Congrats to the seller and buyer.

Marc
Pics? :popcorn: