not a flashlight but about leds

rutcgr18

Newly Enlightened
i am a vol firemen and as a vol we can have blue lights in our car for respnse. so my idea is to make led strobes. now i know they make these www.911ep.com but are a bit $$$ so this is my thought let know what you think i want to make my own so i can customize them to fit anywhere. for the controler i am goin to be using a Basic Stamp it has 16 outs so i can control up to 16 differnt clusters. i may also be alble to time the leds with the strobes that are in my car now. i am not sure how to go about making these. so if you have anyideas and a good place to buy this stuff let me know.
thanks i greatly appericate thanks
mike

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
rutcgr18, If you are looking for good onlline ordering, at my old job we used Digikey, Mouser, and Future a lot. But if you are looking for a shop, there is an electronic shop on route 34 in Derby, near Stahls (not sure on spelling) Jeep and Chrysler dealer (maybe 20-25 mins from you). They ordered me some there (I was pleased with the output of 5600 mcd for whites). There was a gentleman there but he wasn't to sure about the technical information about LED's that I was in search of, but he was nice enough to get a catalog and search through it with me to find what I was looking for. They also have a bunch of cool "stuff". Some old style, but they are as close to a "real" electronic shop as I could find near me other than in Waterbury. Good luck using the Stamp, I used a similar device using a Motorola 6800 series microprocessor at my old job.

rutcgr18

Newly Enlightened
spinkid were is the one in waterbury that is closer to me. i am looking for blue leds i know they are the most $$ i looked at future and i could not figure out all the part numbers
let me know thanks
mike

rutcgr18

Newly Enlightened
can anyone help me out i want to buy a bunch of blue superflux leds from future but not sure how the part numbers work
thanks
mike

highlandsun

Enlightened
Higher, yes, several times, probably not. And what is the length of a "pulse" ?

The Luxeon 1W data sheets show peak pulse current at 500mA for a 350mA max continuous. It doesn't define how long the pulse can last.

rutcgr18

Newly Enlightened
well its been a while since i have been here jsut wanted to say i am back and i am looking for the person who sold me three leds a while back
thanks
mike