Single AA battery tube for Mini Mag

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make or mod a battery tube for a single AA battery that fits a Mini Maglight or Brinkmann 2AA?

I want to run a Dat2zip MadMax sandwich in a Mini Maglight with a single AA NiMH battery. Should be nice and bright with a very compact size
grin.gif

-Ron

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Lantern, Jack O.:
I'd buy one too. CNCDan was talking about maybe doing something like this a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened with it though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't hold your breath.

I have been getting busy at work and it looks like that's not going to change soon. And I have many projects lined up.

The Mag tube will need a 4 lead thread, and at such high helix angles I will need to make a custom thread tool to cut such a thread. I think this will be a tough project to pull off. I will keep it in mind though, and if I do make something, CPF is where it will end up.

JRT

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible to cut a Minimag tube to the right length and rethread?

JRT

Newly Enlightened
Another possibility, cut the minimag tube just below the factory switch, far enough below the o-ring to have room for threads below the head. Thread the outside of the tube. Make a new 123 diameter tube long enough for AA, to fit over the male threads. The tail-cap threads should fit the Kroll switch, or undrilled for those that prefer head switch only.

BradN

Newly Enlightened
MicroE
I just measured the threads on the tail cap and it's 5/8"-28. Not quite a standard thread but you can get a tap at a good tool supply house.

The thread on the head is like CNC Dan said, a pain in the butt trying to cut. My manual lathe won't do it easily and I don't have access to a CNC just yet.

Hope this helps