Stanley MaxLife 369 Tripod Clearance

lumenal

Enlightened
I also purchased the Maxlife Tripod light at Target today for $12.48- across the street at Fred Meyer( a NW discount chain),the same light is on" sale" for $29.99. This will make a great power outage light. 4 stars from FLR. Well worth the money.

WNG

Enlightened
I got this light as a gift at $30.
It's not very bright....a 2AA hosting a SMJLED is way brighter!

That's why I was wondering if anyone has modded one of these.
The construction is very cool though.

ginaz

Enlightened
WNG, we need a trailblazer! get in there and tell us what you find!

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened
I bought one at Walmart last year to use as a utility light. I liked the fact that it stands on its own and can be pointed where you need it. However, one of the LEDs was intermittent and only came on when it wanted to. I took this as an indication of overall build/design quality, and returned it and got my money back. I think its a great concept, but I don't like spending my money on shoddily built tools.

If nobody else reports any problems, maybe I'll give it another try at some point.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
The good and bad of this light for me is I dropped it off a 8 foot ladder and one leg is now broken. The good part is because you can run it from three legs Mine still runs off the other two and will be functional with a little Duck tape:grin2:

Dawg

Enlightened
Lightwave said:
I bought one at Walmart last year to use as a utility light. I liked the fact that it stands on its own and can be pointed where you need it. However, one of the LEDs was intermittent and only came on when it wanted to. I took this as an indication of overall build/design quality, and returned it and got my money back. I think its a great concept, but I don't like spending my money on shoddily built tools.

If nobody else reports any problems, maybe I'll give it another try at some point.
I had the same problem, so mine is a 5 LED instead of a 6 LED. Someone gave me a mini keychain version. I have no idea what batteries "It" takes.....probably AAAA. Its cute, I have not opened the package.

Blinding

Newly Enlightened
WNG said:
I wonder if they can be modified?
Say with high output 5mm's, SMJLEDs, or Lux-1 emitters?

It uses 5mm LEDs and is easy to open and modify if you can solder. I upgraded mine to 26kmcd LEDs and it is visibly twice as bright and now very usable.

But pull all the batteries before working on it. I managed to blow a transistor. The off switch will not protect it.