URGENT for LGI Owners (MYSTERY SOLVED)!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
MYSTERY SOLVED!!! (read follow-up from recipient):

"Hi Charlie,

Mystery solved, YEA. I just got home from a drill (I am a member of technical rescue team), there was a Priority Mail box in the mail containing the two lights from yourself. Sorry for panicking you. The box yesterday must have been from an Ebay purchase I made last week or so, as I mentioned in the e-mail it was from HI and I assumed it was from you, it had no packing information, just the light. The light was also an LS in a Brinkman body. Once again, please accept my sincere apology for raising the red flag. Thanks again for efforts and excellent product."

Talk about "WHEW"!!!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh boy, it's like a lottery, you win - except you don't win! But one can feel good about getting it to the rightful owner!
icon14.gif

Haven't received my "one" yet...standing by.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulk-

I would like one. I would probably like all of them.

Could you help a CPF brother out?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Sig, and there is a REWARD...but it will only be of use to an LGI owner...and you can't really obtain one too easily, unless you know where to look and have the bucks to spend.

Plus I bet no one has thought of using it with an LGI anyway.

So the honoree will be the one and only LGI owner on the planet to have it; I used it all the time with my LGI but lately only use it now and then (since I am playing - er - working more with the Space Needle anyway) so I am willing to give it up...

Anyway most of the LGI packages have not reached their owners yet, earliest they were mailed out would've been Tuesday, and from Hawaii it takes Priority Mail at least 2-3, and sometimes up to 7-10, days to reach its destination depending on where you live and if there's a weekend in between the ship and deliver dates.

C'mon everybody, open yore packages! Otherwsie I am out $55 as I have to give the unlucky person a refund since there are NO MORE LGIs, probably forever unless more super nice batwing Luxeons fall into my lap, which I doubt...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
(yes, there were some female LGI buyers, and they must be among some of the coolest and most understanding women in the world!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Originally posted by Icebreak:

I would like one. I would probably like all of them.

Could you help a CPF brother out?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Zephyr

Enlightened
I received my LGI today and I only had one in my package. BTW, this thing is extremely bright Mr Bulk!!! Awesome job, and thank you very much!!

ZEPH

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Rothrandir,

In smaller AA lights they provide the best beam patterns. The Lams do not work well with the NX-05 optics and any reflectors need to have a much larger surface area in order to properly focus the beam with Lambertians.

Plus I have found certain batches batwings to be the absolute brightest among the 1-watt Luxeons. If I were to select another Luxeon 1-watt style to mod, especially for throw, it would be Lambda's Cyclops arrangement...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the printed label, but it is circled in black ink, looks like a sharpie, and the line goes through the fancy bar code like thing above the endicia.com text. Also the big barcode at the bottom is crossed out with one line written in regular ballpoint.

I know that the post office or various handlers can write on the mail, but still seems strange.

This is becoming quite an interesting mystery, please keep us updated!

EDIT: Well, I suppose I can take a picture, even though mine isn't particularly interesting.

bulkbox.jpg

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Charlie
Received my LGI today. What a nice job!! The printing was standard stuff and, unfortunately
grin.gif
, I just received the one. But what a one it is. You're my Mod hero.
Pete

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, this is an interesting and disturbing situation indeed. i hope the perpetrator (if it is indeed theft) is discovered and gets the missing item shined at his lidless eyeball for the entire duration of the battery...

---Charlie says---
---In smaller AA lights they provide the best beam patterns. The Lams do not work well with the NX-05 optics and any reflectors need to have a much larger surface area in order to properly focus the beam with Lambertians.---

i was under the impression that hd's worked better with the o5's (farther throw). also, what do you mean by "properly focus"? beam quality...side spill...?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...well my box with a single LGI in it (One more than I ordered, mind you) hasn't arrived yet, but I'll let you know if it does so we can get it on to the right person
wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
JamesS. Thanks for letting me know AND the great picture. Actually it might explain what the other person was talking about -- I am waiting for a reply from him to my latest solutions (postal inspector, refund, etc.) because he did describe sharpie and ball point pen markings, but then went on to provide the return which was totally foreign to me...so I wait.

Sig, yeah hate to wait myself, but that's just the way things are until we invent transport pods like in The Fly.

Freeze12 and Icebreak, unfortunately hindsight's 20-20...mebbe on the next run if there ever is one.

Zeph, W4DIZ, ramptapult, PeterM, thanks indeed.

Rothrandir, you will find it is impossible to focus the Lambertian to a nice, wide, smooth even beam using optics or small reflectors. Lotta artifacts still. The best 1-watt beam, IMHO, is still the batwing w/NX-05 "new" style optical collimator.

Saaby, don't worry, you concentrate on graduating Summa Cum Laude from college and land a super CEO job or something, and by then we will have a 100-watt Luxechia flashlight that will light up a football field all by itself. And you'll be among the lucky few who can afford it...