mag charger led

de177

Newly Enlightened
has anyone used the led replacement for the m/c how are the results?
beam wise.color.
Thanks

AshA4

Banned
Might be difficult to put that PR base in the bi-pin socket but hey if you get it to work let us know!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terralux makes an LED for the Macharger. I personally wouldn't bother with it since it's so much better as a high-power incan, but that's just me.

so241

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased the led mod for m/c. The led does produce a very white, bright light however, the only drawback is the beam is more of a floodlight, moreover you cannot adjust the beam as with the led mod for the AA, C and D size mag lights. I work for a sheriff's dept. and have used it in the field. For me it works great for building searches and am waiting for an led that is adjustable, to get a tighter spot. Overall, it was worth the $32 to get almost twice the run time and descent light output.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would agree, it totally defeats the intended purpose of the Mag Charger. If an LED alternative is desired, one can pick up one of the 3 cell Mag LED lights, stick in 3 D batteries and forget about having to charge the light. At some point though, one might want to replace the batteries, but from initial reports that could be at rather sparse intervals.

ABTOMAT said:
Terralux makes an LED for the Macharger. I personally wouldn't bother with it since it's so much better as a high-power incan, but that's just me.