Impact 2 / CMG Ultra

kodiak

Enlightened
I Just bought an Impact 2. I like it but the beam is too blueish and I don't care for the rings. But what should I expect with one led and such beam throw. However, I did like what the Impact 2 optic did for my CMG Ultra when I hand held it up to it. I wonder if I could mod it, or at least make the Impact 2 a better light? Any opinions?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam is less bluish than a regular 5mm LED at the center, although mine has a bluish edge around the central beam.

As far as the rings go, I would prefer if they didn't exist, but I think the object of this light is to get the most throw from the least amount of power. For that, I find the light performs very well.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Nerd:
replace the LED in the Impact 2 with a Luxeon Star LED instead.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I had this in mind when I bought it since I've put LS's into Rage modules before, but I'm not sure if the reflector will focus it properly in preparation for the lense. It's also a one way mod, since you would have to drill out the reflector to fit, say, a high dome emitter in it.

I'm think about trying it first with one of those Brinkman lights, and if it works, then I'll go for the Impact 2 mod.