brightest led light

castmem

Newly Enlightened
hello guys,

i am looking for the brightest and best throwing led flashlight available that is no longer than a 2 d maglite. anyone have some suggestions?? runtime isn't that big of a deal. nor is $.

-Dustin

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I'll second a simple magmod. I havent constructed a mag85 yet, but I'm pretty sure thats what you want.
EDIT: oops... LED... :eek:

I'm happy with my streamlight PP 4aa lux... but I'm sure they go brighter than that. happy hunting

big beam

Enlightened
If you don't mind going to 3D size I think LED EXPERIMENTER is selling nuwia 3X3 watt lights for 70 bucks and with the 4-C cell upgrade it is the brightest led light I own.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to have to 2nd elektrolumens. Check out their section on this website. Then goto his website to see what he has brewing.

cy

Flashaholic
brightest single LED light with most throw is the fab MR-X X3T.

brightest LED light(s) you can actually buy is a multi-5watt luxeon mod. throw will be less, since reflectors will be much smaller.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check this out.

http://www.wassersportbilliger.de/product_info.php?cPath=174_158&products_id=458&osCsid=3b2788e038991e360ed338ac296eb5ea

The Fa&Mi Luxor 75. It uses 6 luxeon III leds and a 3800mah 7.2V Nimh battery. Its a german website but its in English too and I think they post worldwide. I don't know what the throw is like but the overall output will be good. Here's a better picture:

luxor75s.jpg

castmem

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the replies... i'm looking into an electrolumen light but the one i want is currently unavailable..... In my job, insane amounts of light is amust so i guess i'm just going to have to wait.