Tektite Splashlite vs. Gerber Infinity Ultra

sloppyfoos

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I was wandering if someone has both a Tektite Splashlite and the Gerber Infinity Ultra and can let me know which one is the brightest? And which one do you prefer? Thank you. --Tim

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a review of the tektite:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/tektite_tekna_splash-lite.htm

The beamshot looks less than stellar.

As far as a Gerber Infinity and brightness; they don't belong in the same sentence.

If you don't mind moving up to a 2xAA form factor, I'd get a SMJLED PR base bulb and choose you favorite host.(Any cheap PR based, 2 cell light will work) ALOT more brightness and runtime.

If you wanna stick with 1 cell, give a Streamlight Tasklight 1xAA a try. Has a brighter mode and an "infinity level" output mode on the low setting.

LouRoy

Enlightened
I have both. The Splashlite is brighter. At one meter, the Splashlite measures 72 lux and the Gerber Infinity Ultra (new model with twisty tail) measures 21 lux. Both of the beams have some blotches and/or rings, but this has no effect in real life use.

The Gerber and battery weighs about 2 ounces. The Splashlite and battery weigh about 1.25 oz.

I like the Gerber for nightime use--it is plenty bright. I like the Splashlite for draining used 123 batteries--it will really suck them dry.

If you go to this thread: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103280&highlight=Splashlite and go down to post #26, you will see why I like the Splashlite for draining batteries.

If you do a search for Splashlite, you will find many threads on it.

I really see them as lights serving different purposes. Buy both! :nana: And welcome to CPF--hold on to your wallet!!

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Splashlite LED. It uses a 5mm led with a voltage boost circuit which drives the led pretty hard. The light is a good twice as bright as the Infinity Ultra and has a nice white beam. Someone posted that the led is driven too hard and could burn out sooner than expected. Tektite is supposed to come out with a new version soon (whatever "soon" means).

LouRoy

Enlightened
cave dave said:
There is an incandescent and an LED bulb version of the splashlight. Which one are we talking about here?

Mine is the LED version. I got it from Batterystation--they still have them for sale for $25.

sloppyfoos

Newly Enlightened
Which one of those 3 Splashlites will provide the longest runtime, and for how many hours? Thanks once again. --Tim