Real world BADBOY 400 runtime info

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I have had my Badboy yellow, 400 ma, for a while. It is mounted in a Brinkmann body. It is extremely bright, white, well centered and sweet. Nice white broad hot spot, nice near white corona. Dat2zip specs these out at a 2hr bright runtime with upto 7 hours( I think) after that.

DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT... He severely UNDERstates performance. I loaded mine with 2 Duracells that didnt even register 100% on the built in scale, more like 90%. I loaded my LI with Duracells from the same pack that measured the same.

At the start, the BB just surpassed the LI for perceived brightness, it was a tad whiter with broader hot spot, while my LI seemd to have more tightly focused beam.

At 1 hour, the BB was, to my eye, the same as at the outset yet seemed even brighter than the LI.

At 2 hours, the same.

At 3 hours, the BB was still the same. LI is purely OUT.

At 5 hours,the BB is dimmer than at 3 hours, but still capable of illuminating to 35'.

From 14 hours to 24 hours it just settled in quite happily...easily far brighter with larger hotspot than my super select Infinity Ultra G.

At 25 hours, I shut it down for an hour, just for fun.

At 26 hours, it came on like almost fresh for about 30 mins, then settled to where it had been. The LI came on like new for about 15 mins after its 25 hour rest.

At 29 hours, still brighter than the infinity u-g.
Test halted

I am really happy with this light...now I wonder if I want a second 400, the 500 or the MM, considering the 400 doesn't kick the LS too hard.

BTW, an LGI that I got to try was as astonishing only in a 3AA version. Brighter longer...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy geez,

This post caught my eye and for a second I thought I was in deep trouble.
smile.gif

There are way too many variables for me to spec true performance. I only spec what I can ensure time and time again. I'm very glad you got such great results.

Wayne