12C Aluminum Kel-Lite on ebay

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Is it a torch or is it a truncheon?
It's both!
12 c cells...that'll give you 18V! You could run an awsomely bright bulb.
However, it is stressed that the torch is a vintage model. I'm not sure what the bulb is. I've only seen PR bulbs up to 7.5V.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the picture of parts, the bulb socket appears to be a threaded E-10 bayonet type.

The 2002 Radio Shack catalogue shows various curiously low output higher voltage, low amperage E-10 bulbs. For example: a 14.4 V bulb runs at 100 mA and generates 9 lumen.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rycen:

I hope you're right about the PR base. E-10 bulbs are generally unattractive.

Can you explain the threaded appearance of the socket in the picture?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about you guys but that thing gives me the impression that if I am going to wack anything with that torch, it's going to break into half and that's that.... 12 D batteries inside the barrel ain't going to help anything.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rycen:

I'm looking at the bottom right piece in the center picture.

It looks like a threaded E-10 socket on a removable disc, but I suppose it could be a spring on the endcap now that I look at it again. The picture detail isn't very good.

Larry1582

Enlightened
That would go good with the 12 D battery L.A. Screw flashlight I already have in my collection. I had to find a DeWalt tools 18v PR bulb to put in it. Not the best beam shot, but it was just for the collection.

www.hometown.aol.com/charnes5

Larry1582

Enlightened
Well, got out bid in the last few seconds. Bummer. Would have made a great addition to the collection.