Turbohead problems . .

kumar762

Banned
not so long ago I let one of my family members borrow my G2 which had a turbohead(kt1) and an N1 lamp assembly in place.it was during a power outtage in my neighborhood and the lights were out.I heard a large THUD! and when I went to investigate I saw my relative staring into the unlit bezel.they said they dropped and when they went to turn the light on the bulb went out.So basically there was an explosion to say inside the turbohead and I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the window so that I could clean it,help is very welcome!!!:grin2:

kumaR

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe you call Surefire and explain, they then give you a RMA # and you send it off to them to correct.

Curtis

kumar762

Banned
I know it's easy as hell to do that . (it's how i get new updated products from them)but they think we like waiting a year for them to ship the thing back.

kumaR

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
kumar762 said:
....So basically there was an explosion to say inside the turbohead and I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the window so that I could clean it...
You do not want to do this. In particular, you do not want to clean the reflector with anything. A lot of reflectors have been ruined that way. I recommend that you follow cue003's very good advice.

kumar762

Banned
well thanks for saving me a good 100 bucks . . . . thats for packages I have to ship off tommorow now!!!that should be fun.:lolsign: