How to take of the head of a River Rock...

UVLaser

Enlightened
How can I take off the head of the River Rock 2C 1.5 watt light?
Can I take it off? Or is it fused to the body?
http://store.advancedmart.com/1junifl.html It looks exactly like the 3 AAA and the 1 Cr123 lights. So if you have either one of those lights and you opened them its probably going to open the same way for the 2C.

Last edited:

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I have the 2AA version of that light (mine's labeled Aurora instead of River Rock) and the head can be screwed of. There is locktight between the threads so it'll take alot of force to unscrew. Some people have good result by putting the light in a bag and in some boiling water to soften the locktight before trying to unscrew it, I just used brute force :rock:

If you search for Riverrock 2AA or Aurora 2AA you'll find more topics about this on CPF with pics.

UVLaser

Enlightened
Did you turn clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Where is this going to unscrew?
Is it going to unscrew from where the green circle is or where the red circle is?

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
careful... it's not designed too well... you risk breaking the light if you take off the head while the battery is still inside... or other unfortunate fate.

Save your target receipt.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
UVLaser said:
Did you turn clockwise or counter-clockwise?
Where is this going to unscrew?
Is it going to unscrew from where the green circle is or where the red circle is?

Counterclockwise unscrews it... just like any ordinary screw.
And it unscrews at the green circle. (assuming the construction is the same on the 2aa light)

Rando

Enlightened
Funny you should ask. I was trying to get the head off of my 2C last night. I was using a strap wrench on the head with a rubber-padded vice holding the body. The body kept slipping around in the vice. I was afraid that if I tightened it down too hard the tube would crack. I'll try the heat gun on it tonight.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I had a pretty easy time of it wrapping two rubber gloves (the yellow kind you use for cleaning) around the head and body. The rubber surface is really grippy, and the increased diameter gives you better leverage. It should come unscrewed with a bit of force.

Latest posts