arc 4+ software question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamabright

Newly Enlightened
I must have a problem with software in my 4+ #743...when I enter the settings menue, 1st comes sos, then it is followed by the error flash..then it shuts off.
Any recommendations?
Thanks,

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you tried an reset.

remove the battery for 2-3 minutes.

when you replace the battery the arc4 should go throught the RFS, ready for service test.

just make sure contacts are clean, and you have an good battery.

I dont have my arc4+ yet, but i have been reading everything I can about the arc4+.

read this link.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/printthread.php?t=63464

hope this helps.

edit: I read that someone was having a similar problem with his arc4+.
it turns out that some moisture has got inside.

they suggested putting inside new silica gel crystals, or the oven treatment - last resort.

Last edited:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
bamabright,

Once you are in the settings menu, and the sos header is displayed, does it error out too quickly? If you don't press the button to cycle to the next menu option within 2-4 seconds, it should error out (hi/lo). If it is erroring out too quickly, it could be the timing for the uC is somehow affected. Baking it to reduce the moisture content may be the easiest thing to try first.

Worse comes to worse, we offer store credits to anyone who has an Arc we can't fix.

Peter

bamabright

Newly Enlightened
baking it fixed it!! I dunno why or how moisture got in, but it must have. At first it would not let me click to the next option, just went to error...now seems all is well.
Thanks everyone for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.