Hey All, Gladius question

GlockFU

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here and finally joined. Thank you for the wealth of knowledge you have given me. With all your info I purchased a Gladius and got it last night. All I can say is wow what a great light. I use it for sneaking in the kids rooms last night without waking them up (lowest light setting) But I do have a question, does anyone elses tail cap rattle?

Hopefully sombody can shed some light on this :)

GF

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of them rattle. I would have said "all" but mine rattled, slightly, when new, but for some reason doesn't any more.

What's the serial number of your light (to the nearest thousand...i.e., 19xxx)?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I think it would be correct to say that quite a few do rattle but not all of them. I understand that the recent revision to the tailcap has reduced this annoyance to an absolute minimum. Maybe I've been lucky but all 3 Gladius tailcaps I've got are rattle free. 2 are fom the very earliest examples and the third tailcap from the latest Gladius (with tailcap revision).

I understand that Blackhawk has tried to ensure that engineering improvements are constantly made to the production models to ensure consistant and uniformly high QC standards are maintained.
From what I hear retuns for work on faulty lights is at a very low level. For the first Flashlight from the Night-Ops/Blackhawk stable this is very commendable. If the Falcata's are equally reliable then this bodes extremely well for the future.

Doug

GlockFU

Newly Enlightened
JNewell said:
Many of them rattle. I would have said "all" but mine rattled, slightly, when new, but for some reason doesn't any more.

What's the serial number of your light (to the nearest thousand...i.e., 19xxx)?

My SN is 01739. And thank you everyone for all the replies.

GF