Preliminary Minimag LED Prices

lumenal

Enlightened
While browsing the flashlight section at the local Walmart(Olympia,Wa.), I noticed they had reorganized the whole section. I also noticed empty pegs for not only the 2D and 3D MagLEDs and the MagLED dropin modules, but there were 4 empty pegs for the Minimag LED,with tags with the following prices:

Minimag 2AA LED- $23.74
Minimag 3AA LED- $25.68
2D MagLED - $33.28
3D MagLED - $35.13
2,3, and 4 cell C/D dropin modules - $18.86

I asked the clerk if she had any Minimag LED's in stock,she said they would be here in a couple days. Keep an eye out on your local Walmart for the Minimag LED.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
lumenal said:
While browsing the flashlight section at the local Walmart(Olympia,Wa.), I noticed they had reorganized the whole section. I also noticed empty pegs for not only the 2D and 3D MagLEDs and the MagLED dropin modules, but there were 4 empty pegs for the Minimag LED,with tags with the following prices:

Minimag 2AA LED- $23.74
Minimag 3AA LED- $25.68
2D MagLED - $33.28
3D MagLED - $35.13
2,3, and 4 cell C/D dropin modules - $18.86

I asked the clerk if she had any Minimag LED's in stock,she said they would be here in a couple days. Keep an eye out on your local Walmart for the Minimag LED.

The MM2AA price is very tough to beat. Will make it easier to give them away though :D

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. A lot of us are curious about just what they've come up with.

Thanks for the heads up.

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
I called maglite a few days ago and I was under the impresison that the MMLED was not coming out till sept.
hmm.

tomdooley62

Newly Enlightened
M*GLITE 2aa and 3aa NEW LED VERSION Coming to Wal Mart!!!

Just got back from Wal Mart and saw that they were clearing out a lot of shelf space in the flashlight aisle. Saw in some of the empty places they had already placed pegs for the new Mag Led 2 AA and the 3AA. Werent on shelf yet so I asked a salesperson, she said that they just hadnt arrived yet I cant hardly wait! The prices respectivaley were 2aa 23.88 and 3aa 25.38. Not sure about the cents but the dollars are correct. They also had the Mag 2d led on sale for $25.00.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
They may not be out until September, but as illustrated with the Mag LED Upgrade modules and the 2D LED light, Wal*Mart may be getting their shipment earlier than other merchants either to meet inventory reset dates or by contractural arrangement with the distributor/manufacturer. However, given the small numbers that I saw in stores, I can't see where they might have gotten a 30 day exclusive on these products, especially since most of the inventory from the initial shipment is still sitting in the stores.

squirrel said:
I called maglite a few days ago and I was under the impresison that the MMLED was not coming out till sept.
hmm.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just hope that they have a better beam quality than the 2D or the 4D lights. I was unimpressed by these as they had tiny hotspots and dim spill in my opinion.

Hopefully the 2AA and the 3AA will have a beam that is more like a Fenix with a bit more throw.

-Goatee

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can probably get a more accurate answer to that question after the product(s) has arrived in-store and consumers have had an opportunity to try it out.

KDOG3 said:
I would like to know if the 3AA will be brighter than the 2AA or will just have longer runtime.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)> said:
I just hope that they have a better beam quality than the 2D or the 4D lights. I was unimpressed by these as they had tiny hotspots and dim spill in my opinion.

Hopefully the 2AA and the 3AA will have a beam that is more like a Fenix with a bit more throw.

-Goatee

Goatee: I believe the mags are 'Focus'able? arent they :)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that Wal*Mart is currently in the middle of one of their inventory refresh periods. So the tags that people are seeing for the MiniMag LEDs is most likely an indicator that they will be carrying these products. I really don't want to start up any speculation as it generally gets misinterpreted in any web discussion platform, but like the Mag LED upgrades, I would think that there is a distinct possibility that Wal*Mart may indeed get these ahead of Mag's distribution schedule in order to meet their inventory date requirements.

Also, Mag 3D LED lights appear to now be available from some Wal*Mart stores at a price of $35 plus change (sorry, I scanned it but can remember the price.) In light of the inventory changes, it looks like it's a good time to go looking for clearance items at the various stores as well.