Is anyone here in Israel?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, what a coincidence. I just got back from a ten day trip to Israel, with a group of 44 people from my local congregation and was thinking about posting something, when I came accross this thread.

Yes, the media does have a way of driving me crazy. I would come back to my hotel room after a beautiful day out and about, and I'd see "crisis in the middle east" and I just really felt as though they make things seem way worse than it actually is. Yes, parts of what are going on are certainly terrible, but the media has a way of expanding the truth.

Also, I believe a suicide bomber was stopped in Jerusalem, but I have yet to see any major news articles about it. I find that to be a bit odd.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
IlluminatingBikr said:
Also, I believe a suicide bomber was stopped in Jerusalem, but I have yet to see any major news articles about it.

He was stopped...or "stopped"? I haven't heard about that either.

I wonder if anyone on here is in Lebanon...they seem to be caught in the middle of this.

JM-99

metalhed

Enlightened
I can't give any info on a specific CPF member in that area of the world, but I can tell you that I get a handful of visits each month from flashaholics in the region.

Since a significant segment of my traffic comes from CPF, I figure it's not unlikely that some of my visitors in that area came to my site from CPF. Hence, we probably have members there. But that's just a guess. In any case, I hope the violence ends soon.

Sad stuff...:(

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
He was stopped...or "stopped"? I haven't heard about that either.

I wonder if anyone on here is in Lebanon...they seem to be caught in the middle of this.

JM-99

He was intercepted before he could do any harm. Word on the steet was that an off-duty officer spotted the suspicious man, and got some backup from on-duty officers to detain him and what not.