LeadLight 105/110 - Explain please

F360

Newly Enlightened
Hi
Can someone please explain what LeadLight in two me? Is it the name of the manufacture? Also, what does 105 and 110 mean?
Ive searched everywhere so I hope you don't hate newbie questions :awman:

Thank You! :rock:

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
leadlight is a manufacturer of these green laser pointers.
the 105 model is the one that's easy to mod and it doesn't have an LED by the button.
the 110 has APC and has the LED by the button, and is harder to mod.

i'm sure my explanations are not very good...
so hopefully someone else can be more specific.

these are leadlights... both are the 105 model.

GLPA-big.jpg

GLPB-big.jpg

nero_design

Enlightened
Leadlight is the name of the laser. They made the 105 series first which was VERY easy to mod (modify to higher outputs)... all you really needed was a tootpick. Output would jump from <4.9mW to between <17mW and <43mW if successfully done.

They then manufactured the 110 Series lasers which have a tiny LED light on top to warn the user if the laser was on. This laser was designed in a manner which makes it rather hard to mod. You would need a special type of fine electronics soldering iron plus some knowledge of basic electronics.

F360

Newly Enlightened
Thanks alot guys, both were very helpful!

Im guessing http://leadlight.com.tw is the manufacturer of these? Are these a good model for newbies like myself to play with (star pointing etc) and possibly mod if I want?

From what I understand these are the next step up from NewWish lasers? Correct.

Thanks Again!

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
yes, leadlights are great for "newbies" to play with.
my first pointer was a 5mW leadlight... which i then modded to get to about 35mW i think. easy to mod, and very good quality.

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
I recently modded two Leadlight 105's. Both increased output over three times (18-20mw). I've listed a new spare model 105 that's been modded, see the "sell" section under "Lights" seller's forum if interested....

Bottom line: They're a bargain and can be adjusted to increase output easily three to four times the amount that's factory set. After modding, it puts out an impressive green beam...like a green star wars saber.

Last edited:

F360

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that! It sounds like these are what I want. How much do LEadlights sell for in the US?

I've been talking to the factory, and they tried selling them to be for US$60. After negotiations on bulk buys etc I am able to get them at US$45. Is this a good price for 5mw Leadlights?

F360

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys....your alot of help. I'm now nearly at the stage where I can start answering questions...instead of asking them :grin2: