View LIVE Alaskan brown bears...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...catching & feeding on salmon running up the McNeil River Falls at this website...requires RealPlayer, has audio as well...TOO COOL!! I LOVE ALASKA!!

Camera only operates from 5am to 11pm Alaska Standard Time. I'd recommend broadband - there is a "modem connection option" though I don't know how that will look...the camera pans around at intervals for different views.

Last edited:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman, does the link you provide immediately provide the live camera or is it a tape and then you have to click on view cam? Cause immediately upon clicking the link (after it took a couple minutes to load), I saw four bears and one immediately caught a fish. Tons of birds as well. Jezum crow, now another has caught a fish. He sure made it look easy! I assume Salmon? I grew up in sticks of Vermont and in twenty years maybe saw a half a dozen bears total.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Tonight's news story said it's a live feed - I'm assuming it's loading a buffer. Yep, I think it's Chum salmon (though all 5 species of salmon are running the rivers now).

drizzle

Enlightened
Awesome Sigman! Thanks for the link.

You can right click then select play in RealPlayer then you can full screen it.

I think I'll just sit back and watch for a while. Who needs the discovery channel. :)

Sturluson

Enlightened
Great site, Sigman - thanks for posting it! I watched for a little while, looked down at my watch and found I had been mesmerized for twenty-five minutes! If this site gets widespread publicity, the GNP will drop by 3%, guaranteed! :laughing:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Bringing this one back from the "depths". It's summer and PRIME fishing for the bears right now. The link in the 1st post will take you to the live bear cam...HOWEVER:

They now have a link where they've taken several hours of HD video and edited it down to some very high quality HD clips. The files are huge so broadband definitely is a plus on these!!

Click on Brown Bears in HD! I believe the HD clips require QuickTime, enjoy!

bitslammer

Enlightened
:thumbsup: Sweet footage!!!! The HD clips look awsome. I want to figure out how to get on onto my ipod and view it on the 42" flat panel.

How about going down there and getting an interview from the bears Sig?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
How about going down there and getting an interview from the bears Sig?
I've been close enough to enough Yogi's enough times already and that's enough of that if I can help it (but it'll probably happen again, that's Alaska for ya)!!! :eek: