I just won a MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I can buy that replacement lathe motor I need! Yay!

Just got an email from the Japan Lottery saying that I won a million dollars. Isn't that great?

Oddly enough, reading the entire header, my mailwasher program indicates the email came from a mkxs.de (Germany) email server, and contains a hidden executable file.....

Oh well, I'm sure it is legit, I might as well go ahead and download it from the server and open it.

After all, it is a million dollars and I could use the money..... My friend from Nigeria says he will send me tens of millions more if I can just send him $10,000 first to prove that I am honest.

Are there ANY people stupid enough to fall for this kind of stuff anymore?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've not won the one from Japan but have won a few from the Neatherlands and of course I've made millions helping people transfer funds from Nigeria.

I'm not as rich as Bill Gates yet but no longer have to ask how much something costs.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too,
They want my Bank account details as to suck me dry,
I sent them a reply saying you can mail a Cheque to me
I Haven't heard anything more,

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
you won't believe it, i just won 10 million USD!!! it says, email them my credit card number and i will recieve it!!!

Amonra

Enlightened
I win twice daily for the past 3 years or so. I make about $150 million on good days and about $70 million on bad days.
I only win the high paying lotteries and help the richest people around the world to take money out of their country. i am also the next of kin of many dead rich guys who died tragically in some accident ( which was also reported on CNN news ) some of which have a wife that has been diagnosed with a very rare deadly disease and needs the husband's money to be cured but cannot access the money herself.

I am now immensly rich ( about $100 Billion ) but unfortunately i cannot take the money out of my country. Any body want to open an account in the cayman islands and deposit $1 Billion to prove that they are honest, i will than transfer all the money i have there and they can keep half of it..............

..........Back to earth now. These e-mails really become annoying after a while and the more time passes the more i recieve.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
What a coincidence! Over the past few months I've won a million free i-Pods and X-Boxes! (All I had to do was shock the monkey, punch Osama, etc.)

I'll sell them all to you for $1 each.

Just send the money by Western Union, via the branch office in Nigeria.

prego

Newly Enlightened
I just won £199,999.00 through a Coca-Cola Worldwide promo in conjunction with the organising commitee of Germany 2006 World Cup.

i guess the advanced random computer that searches for recipients that it so proudly mentioned doesn't know that i never participated in world cup in any way or that I prefer Pepsi over Coke. Now I wonder if they'll still give me my money.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't ever do anything dumb as that -- but when my president emails me asking for 10 to 25% of my yearly income to help get $200,000,000,000 in oil out of Iraq I send my Visa without hesitation..

----
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED:
HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL

DEAR SIR / MADAM,
I AM GEORGE WALKER BUSH, SON OF THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH, AND CURRENTLY SERVING AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS LETTER MIGHT SURPRISE YOU BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT MET NEITHER IN PERSON NOR BY CORRESPONDENCE. I CAME TO KNOW OF YOU IN MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE PERSON TO HANDLE A VERY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS TRANSACTION, ---
---

(--- entire email available upon request.. :p )

drizzle

Enlightened
I got this great all natural herbal product and...well, let's just say the ladies aren't *ahem* complaining anymore.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but in your neck of the woods and in this area in general, a million bucks is not much more than a down payment on a house; in many cases it won't even pay for the house :(

CroMAGnet said:
I win EVERY week! How do you think I can afford such a big sigline :D

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the ones from "paypal" saying that they need my account information. Dang, these guys are good, I didn't know I had a paypal account! I sure didn't sign up for one!

Oh yes, people fall for this kinda thing. I have a friend whose girlfriend thought the Pope was Christian, and thought that Cheney was Bush's last name from seeing all the campaign bumper stickers.

:buddies:

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not so gullible as to fall for any of that stuff. However, I was recently notified that I may already be a winner in the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. I'll buy everyone at CPF the flashlight of their dreams as soon as I receive my check.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
nikon said:
I'm not so gullible as to fall for any of that stuff. However, I was recently notified that I may already be a winner in the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. I'll buy everyone at CPF the flashlight of their dreams as soon as I receive my check.

(just in case.)

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
markdi said:
do people actually fall for this stuff ?

I send them made up bank and credit card numbers.

Absolutley. The Nigerian scam has been around for decades and used to be sent by mail useing official government forms etc.

Many people have lost everything and a few have died from it.

When they hook a live one an atempt will be made to get them to come to Nigeria to help. Getting in without a visa is easy, getting out is almost impossible so the real money is made when these suckers are trapped.

If you want to have (dangerous) fun, don't send numbers, etc. Make up an identity (Sherlock Holmes, Santa Claus, and any number of other people have been used) and start asking them questions. At least one person has made about $500.00 from them by reversing the tables.

There are several web sites that have documented such exchanges.

Rando

Enlightened
Mike Painter said:
Absolutley. The Nigerian scam has been around for decades and used to be sent by mail useing official government forms etc.

Many people have lost everything and a few have died from it.

When they hook a live one an atempt will be made to get them to come to Nigeria to help. Getting in without a visa is easy, getting out is almost impossible so the real money is made when these suckers are trapped.

If you want to have (dangerous) fun, don't send numbers, etc. Make up an identity (Sherlock Holmes, Santa Claus, and any number of other people have been used) and start asking them questions. At least one person has made about $500.00 from them by reversing the tables.

There are several web sites that have documented such exchanges.

419eater.com

Latest posts