Glowing Fingernail Polish

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a pic of glowing fingernail polish. I measure 11 lux from 1 inch. It lights up the room enough to see about and walk around. Amazing!

Glowing.Fingernail.Polish.jpg

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is that an off the shelf glowing nailpolish, or one that you added some glow powder to?

You can't just post like that and not fill in the details!

Not that I'm necessarily interested in nail polish, but you can put it on more than just nails
wink.gif

-James

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by James S:
So, is that an off the shelf glowing nailpolish, or one that you added some glow powder to?

You can't just post like that and not fill in the details!

Not that I'm necessarily interested in nail polish, but you can put it on more than just nails
wink.gif

-James
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh, bad me,
twak.gif
never enough details.

It is not off the shelf. I purchased the clear fingernail polish, and mixed in glow powder.

Here is a link to a web page I designed on this stuff:

Glowing Fingernail Polish

Everybody at work I showed it to wanted a bottle, so, to the laboratory, Egor!
rolleyes.gif

I'll put it up on eBay.

You wouldn't believe how much a person has to go through to ship this kind of thing. Has to be in a sealed metal container, with a screw cap!

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, that must be some pretty radioactive goo. how long does it glow after all the lights have been shut off?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
wow, that must be some pretty radioactive goo. how long does it glow after all the lights have been shut off?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It has no radioactivity at all. Glows intensly for maybe 30 minutes, depending on how much you charge it up. It continues to glow bright for a few hours, and has an after glow for another 12 hours or so.

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by vcal:
Wayne-do you have a Royal Blue Luxeon Star to charge that up with?
grin.gif

-mr.glow-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sure do. I also have some ultraviolet LED's too.

By the way, I did put it up on eBay. Probably will take a while before you can find it with a search, for 'Glow in the Dark', or 'Fingernail Polish'.

Wayne J.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
is this stuff similar to the stuff you are think of putting in the head of the blaster?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Strontium Aluminate is particularly fond of being charged up by white LEDs-becos of their "blue" origins, I suppose.
I coated the usually non-reflective part of the Lightwave 2000's LED base and bezel with the blue/green paint, and can Always find that light in the dark, -after just turning it on ever so briefly.
tongue.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious as to the advantages of nail polish over any other clear medium to mix it in. I've got some mixed into some oil based varnish and it works very well, but doesn't dry smooth, you have to put a coat or 2 of the plain stuff over it to keep from rubbing the powder out. I feel like nail polish should dry smooth and be able to put on a thicker coat at once? It would certainly dry faster and comes in it's own handy container. Perhaps I'll try that next time.

Thanks,
James

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, yes, well I was hoping for some independent confirmation before I pour my last bag of pixy dust into the stuff
wink.gif

Perhaps some claims of synergistic convergence of the polymers doubling electron coupling within the crystal lattice leading to over unity energy production allowing me to charge any batteries within the electron cloud by penetrating scalar radiation induced from tao waves generated by the super-luminal oscillation of the erbium atoms as they tunnel between quantum dots in the surface of the crystal. Why, there is enough light released by the Cernikov radiation alone to light the room. By accelerating the sample container to near relativistic speed one would spontaneously create a gamma ray laser due to the frequency shift of the emitted radiation. This would also serve the purpose of tilting the time cone and at 90% of C produce enough distortion in the 3rd dimension to cause the light to shine forward into the future to where you are going so that you would always be bathed in a healing light that your cells would instantaneously transmute into ATP which would free your mitochondria from their current duties as energy producer to do their original job which was to provide enzyme catalyzed DNA repair leading to immortality and increased energy and better sexual function and overall happiness. All this just by placing our specially designed rare earth magnet in the space between your big toe and the next toe every day. You can buy this magnet TODAY for only $175 but hurry as many special interests are trying to shut down this fantastic discovery into the nature of the universe, unified field theory, Fermats last theorum, Gods final message to his creation and Russian poetry.

So Act Now!

Hmm, perhaps I'll do an off seas internet startup company....

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
James S

Nostalgia time...

Sounds like some of the things my double PHDed boss used to write and I had to translate into English so some tech in Burkeno Faso could understand it.

Does the magnet cure baldness if I put it in my sock??

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by whiskypapa3:
Why not ship just the pixie dust in just the right ammount to mix a bottle with locally purchased nail polish??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That suggestion is the best solution to the problem of the darkening degradation of the clear lacquer base.

The lacquer based stuff is always more potent when freshly mixed and applied -within 24 hours.
As said before, to preserve that high performance finish, the 4-5 coats are then top-coated with 1 final layer of the clear base for a glow that'll last for years and years.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Lantern, Jack O.:
Has anyone else used this stuff on an LS colimator yet?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I put some around an emitter, on the inside of the optics holder. The emitter is royal blue. Boy, that stuff really charges bright from blue! Pretty neat.

Wayne J.