Scars

LowWorm

Enlightened
Anybody got any interesting scars? I just burned myself making hashbrowns the other day and have a doozy of a burn line (about 3 inches) now running diagonally on my wrist.

In addition, I have a one inch scar on my chin that came from flying off the swing head first onto gravel pavement. I was in first grade when that one happened.

Arkayne

Enlightened
I've a cool looking scar that's horizontal on my left eyebrow from catching a boomerang with my face when I was 12.

I'm happy to report that I'm much better with boomerangs now. :)

drizzle

Enlightened
My scars aren't cool. They are reminders of what not to do. Two are from falling down after drinking too much. (Don't do that anymore) and one is from cutting pretty deeply into a finger with pruning shears that went right through my leather gloves like they weren't even there. (Don't expect them to protect me from that anymore.)

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I have too many scars to mention.

My biggest is on the front of my right leg. It is 3 inches long and 1/4" wide. I got it from riding a bicycle into a 6 strand barbed wire fence when I was 8 years old. There are 12 round scars on each side of it from the needle. Must have been a big needle.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting scars can have interesting moments but out of that context mine don't have much entertainment value (IMO).

I have lots of scars -- I'm a high mileage unit with a low boredom threshold. I used to expend huge amounts of energy looking for things to do that I thought were interesting, while trying to avoid things that were so interesting that they would just kill me outright. My death wish isn't nearly as strong as it was for decades.

Glancing around it looks like I'm pushing pretty close to four feet of running scar length. EDIT: Actually it looks over four feet.

Last edited:

Taylorf

Enlightened
I have an indentation about 1cm long that is about 1mm left of my left eye. I was sledding in Chicago when i was a few years old, and I wiped out and hit a piece of ice and had to get stitches and still have the mark. If it was just a few mm to the right I might not be able to see out of that eye.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
:oops:

and where are the:kewlpics: ??????

daloosh

ok, I don't have any pics of mine right now, but when I was 12 I got my leg stuck in a sewer grate, I got about 4 inches of scar left. I have some on my elbows from wiping out on a bike at about 30+ mph a couple decades later. And from when I was 6, you can still see a hint of running full tilt into a glass table on my lip.

Like I said, oops...

Last edited:

BladeZealot

Enlightened
been stitched up roughly 24 times. 3 of those were surgeries. The rest were "mishaps" of one kind or another. Just "scars" with no stitching? I would not know where to begin.

edit: I do have a small bluish indentation on my forehead where scrhapnel {sp.?} hit me at the range one day about 15 years ago. Something to do with a .223 round hitting a railroad tie if memory serves.

Last edited:

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
2.5 in scar outer left thigh just above the knee.

I was about 13. Was visiting relatives in Japan (mother's side of family) and there was a house under construction. A couple of little girls were making mud pies. I walk up to watch and brushed up against an open gas meter box that was made of sheet metal. Sliced me like a knife and I didn't even know or feel it. My leg started to itch, I reach down to scratch and feel moisture, then notice all the blood running down my leg. I could see the meat inside from the gash. Took a couple of stiches inside and outside.
Boy, there sure was alot of blood.
Where we were at, we had to try and flag down a taxi to get to the hospital. Luckily, one of the very few people they knew that had a car drove by, saw the blood and drove us there. Happened back in 1974-75.

Got another one above my right eye but covered by my eyebrow. guy was jelous that I was with a girl he liked at a local carnival. Came up behind me and slugged me. The fist caught my glasses frame and it pushed the frame to where it cut me. That one bled pretty good too.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a nasty one on the side my left knee that is a little darker than the surrounding area but still noticable. It was from a Razor scooter accident I had probably 5 years ago this summer. I went down a long hill and was probably doing a good 20mph when I had to make a left turn at the bottom. Well, I flew off when I turned and slid on the ground maybe 12 feet and rolled over twice.

It was a pretty nasty (and bloody) scrape. At least my friends house was nearby and I went to him for first aid.

I still have a little blood blister on my right thumb (it's almost healed by now) I got two weeks ago from installing a new air conditioning register. I didn't have a nutdriver so I tried using my Letherman Charge. Well, the pliers slipped off nut and my thumb happend to get pinched under the wire cutter part when that happened.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
iv gotten one on my left leg were i flipped my four wheeler
iv gotten two between my eye brows were they had to dill into my skull to do a sinus surgery
ive taken the wholle tope side of my pinky with my knife while i was out fishing didnt get any stiches in it just let it heel up took a long long time and hurt like he!! (when your dad says dont pull the knife tword you push it away from you listen to him)
by the way did i mention i am only fourteen

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have scars almost everywhere. But, there are a few interesting ones.

- .5"x.25" scar on my forehead/hairline from being hit with a rock (don't ask:shakehead)
- 1" diameter burn scar on the top of my right hand from hot glue (don't ask:mad: )
- 1"x.25" scar on my right ankle from a failed IV cutdown when I was hospitalized with pneumonia
- 2"x.5" scar on my right wrist from throw (slamming) trash in a trashcan with broken glass in it (that I broke) when I was 10. This was a good one. Straight to the bone missing every tendon and artery. In all over 100 stitches inside and out:green:.

Those are just the few with stories behind them. The rest are just because of work and/or I'm a clutz.

But what about emotional scars...got some of them too:crazy:.

-DF

jtice

Flashaholic
I just hope Jar doesnt post his! :green:
sick3qx.gif

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last summer I did a good job ripping off a 3x1" strip of flesh on the inside of my left wrist. Cleaning old paint off a 1944 hydraulic press I bought, using a 4" knotted wire cup brush in an angle grinder. I went to steady the part with my left hand, the brush caught on a corner, and it walked right up my glove and planted itself on my wrist. With the blood washed off it looked like pink grated cheese.

The scar it left is a roughly 2.5x.75" patch of what looks like dimple top-grain leather.

dragoman

Enlightened
Lots of scars....

1) 2" by 1/4" running through right eyebrow.....did a header off the bed into floor when I was 5

2) dent right between my eyes from catching a high fly ball with my face/glasses when I was 8

3) numerous small cuts/scars on arms from various things

4) left middle finger, almost cut tip of my finger off with a hatchet when I was 12 (cutting kindling)......scraped the bone, can still feel it when I think about it *shudder*

5) right middle finger - pad of finger is gone due to mishap with a cigar cutter.....very stupid accident when I was in a car and the driver slammed on teh brakes, which slammed the cutter into the dashboard with my finger in there....ouch!! Hurt worse the next day cause all I had to patch it up was some bare gauze.....when I pulled it off, one of few times I've cried from the pain....

6) triangle shaped burn on right arm - got real close to a 600F steam pipe while working one day, could actually smell the burned flesh *yuck*

7) right leg, front of calf (right on bone) - bad one where my ?friend? kicked me one day in the shin......wearing steel toed boots

Few more small ones I can't recall details of....

dragoman

D

dwflash

Pics! Pics! A thread like this needs PICS!!!!

scar1a.jpg

Industrial Accident - Crushed right fore arm. Now I'm a firm beliver.. Lock Out/Tag Out!!

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
dwflash -

OUCH!

Did some commercial contruction years ago. Did not like working in elevator shafts in populated buildings. Kept eyeing those big springs on the bottom thinking, "I wonder just how flat I can make myself." Lock/Out Tag/Out...I heard that, brother.

jtice said:
I just hope Jar doesnt post his! :green:
sick3qx.gif

Was that the one where he became a high voltage resistor and got blown out of a tree? Freaks me out.

One of our members has bullet hole scars on his chest.

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have way too many scars in my old hide. There is the one on my right farearm where I laid the arm stupidly across my motorcycle exahust, the one on my right finger where I almost cut it off and now will have an new extension because I cut that finger again Saturday and now am wearing a fingerbrace on it again with 16 stitches, lol. The list goes on and on.