Did 3 123As into a 2AA light.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The donor light was an Energizer Superbright 2AA. It has a porky body with ridges inside to hold the batteries in place. I exacto knived the ridges down until a 123 would bounce of the spring. The bulb is the other Mag Whitestar 5cell from my Mag 2C experiment with 123s.

I can't get a perfect beam, but the one I do have is pretty darn white and tight, with some batwings.

All coming from an innocent looking purple flashlight is pretty cool!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Someday I guess I really must buy myself a digital camera. (Or tell my buddy in no uncertain terms to go buy his own!!!).

As to heat. I rarely ever have any light on for more than say 15 seconds. If I need a light, I generally use a "stock" 3D or 2AA light to work with. My bright stuff are toys.

I feel like this cheapy Energizer would in fact melt if run too long.

More experimentation is called for. I see that an Eveready Waterproof 2AA body looks ripe for modding.....

I'm still going to get a Stinger HP for my pickup (but I guess I'll go ahead and get both chargers so it can be a home light too).

Such fun!

Rifter

Enlightened
I tried this with a Surefire P61 and melted the light, FYI. Well not the whole light just the plastic lense and the head, i did manage to get the P61 back out though, took some cutting.