B@rt

Flashaholic
cokeflex.jpg

Coca Cola Coke Can Flexible Flashlight *NIB*
rolleyes.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, that is crazy.

where can one aquire loc-line anywat? i have checked menards, radio-shack, edgewood hardware...i can't find the stuff anywhere...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys, i only wish i could order it from a retail store...

is there a way i can secure it to a flat, vertical surface (like a wall)? i didn't see any of the attachments on the sites.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Rothrandir,

The easiest way to attach Loc-Line to a vertical surface is by using a male pipe connector threaded into some type of mounting plate or by using a lock nut on the pipe thread through a thin plate that's then atttached to the wall. On berkeleypoint, the 1/4" npt Loc-Line connector will screw into the BRASS BASE MOUNT . Actually, there are all kinds of ways to atttach the Loc-Line.

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yea, i could do that, it isn't a wall, it is a box type thing that slides over the side of my bed, with speakers in it so i can listen to audio-books without firing up my stereo, so i should have a problem adding things inside. i want to basically attach a light to it, and every since seeing your tri-clusters, i thought lock-line would be a great way to do it.

do you make ones (tri-cluster or others) that run off regular 120ac house current? i would be greatly interested in those, i would like to run them off a regular wall dimmer, but it isn't neccessary. thanks.

Saaby

Flashaholic
*All* the triclusters sold on the berkeleypoint website run off 120V AC. They use a AC/DC convertor--a wall wort. He also sells another similar product (Starlux? Or is that somone's home built flashlight) that runs off a 9V I believe.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh, that is what was confusing me, i remember the 9v. thanks, i suppose they can't be dimmed? also, are the wall-worts provided with the cluster?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: Wall worts with cluster--ask Don

About the dimming, sure they can. I probably wouldn't do it on the wall-wort...I haven't had good experience with that, but if you put a POT somewhere between the wall-wort and LEDs you'd have easy, cheap dimming.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks, i hope he stops by soon. i am probably done for the night, i'm going to go make a diclops...i'm so excited, i've been very anxious to put this se to good use.