Nordic AA "Lego Set"

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
WOW..I've been playing with my Nordic AA "Lego Set"! I purchased a "quanitity" of these little torches. Did a search on the Forum found that Saaby likes "Nordics"
grin.gif
, his brother used to work there? So I thought ok...I'll check em' out. I've sold/given most of them away, but kept 6 to play with.

The head, switch module, battery housing, and cap all separate from each other, however the threads at each end of the battery housing are compatible with each other.

Sooooooo here are some creations I came up with: (I merely placed some rechargeables next to the battery housings, I don't have any bulbs ready to accept any combination of voltage other than the standard 2AA configuration. Also this is my first attempt to load pics to ImageStation and then to the CPF. I haven't figured out appropriate sizing yet...)

fd02389f.jpg.thumb.jpg
fd0238bd.jpg.thumb.jpg
fd0238a5.jpg.thumb.jpg

fd023913.jpg

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hey Sigman, Thanks!

I never thought about using "thumbs" before...
rolleyes.gif

I like it...
icon14.gif

btw, Why resize? dimensions are (imho) just right for forum posting...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I would like the top three to be just a little bigger (though the thumbs help hide my poor captures!).

Someone mentioned using ACDSee to resize. I have ver. 3.0 and didn't see a resize option...I'll get my old Photo Suite loaded...that should take care of my "wants".

Saaby

Flashaholic
I didn't think you could connect the AA Nordics end to end. You can, however, the larger ones.

Yup, my brother worked there but the company went under...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by Saaby:
I didn't think you could connect the AA Nordics end to end. You can, however, the larger ones.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep, I was "shocked" myself! Now that I have some "donors"...who knows what's going to happen. I've got this GREAT LGI2 that's inspiring me!

I'm "pretty sure"
wink.gif
I wouldn't create a
fd023913.jpg

12AA "Lightning Rod" (hmmm, sounds good already?),
fd0238a5.jpg

but just doubling up the tubes and making something with 4AAs may be something easy to do.

Makes me want to get some more blue ones for the "12AA LR"!!
grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, those might make pretty good 5w canidates. they do look nice, i wish i had some.

i have a couple of radioshack aluminum flashlights that can do the same thing. they were only $2.97 at radioshack...to bad i only had $10 at the time, and needed other things also...

Larry1582

Enlightened
What kind of bulbs do the lights use? Would it be possible to find a larger voltage one?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The standard 2AA configuration uses the included MiniMag type bulb, an actual MiniMag bulb is brighter/whiter...and I'm sure it would use a Nexstar bulb, though I don't have any yet...However, the goal of course is to indeed find something that will run well off of 4AAs. I'm not sure if I want to tackle anything bigger.

You want to? I have a "secret stash" of 6 more. Though I had "my last set" for sale here, I didn't sell them to a CPFer = "no bites" (but I didn't wait long for a response), a friend bought them to give away individually. Now I think giving them away individually is a waste when a "Flashaholic" recognizes the many different configurations they could build from this "Nordic AA Lego Set"! I'm not right...